Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was b**** mom at the playground

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
My DD is 3...just turned 3....and we took her and baby to the playground yesterday. She hasn't gotten a lot of exposure to kids her age, only family really, and most of them are a bit older so basically when she's around other kids she thinks they know everything and make all the rules.

So we are there playing for about an hour no issues. DH goes to smoke....has to leave playground area to do it. And this little boy comes to play. He's probably DDs age but smaller. I heard him call mom at one point but she wasn't right there, dunno where she was. So I am standing with baby and DD goes to other side of playground and I can see her but not hear what's going on. Assume she's talking to kids. All if a sudden I see her put her head down and hear her crying.
The boy told her she couldn't play on slide and was blocking stairs to the three slides. Why he chose to pick on her, I dunno. But I went over to her at first thinking I somehow missed her getting hurt and she tells me this.
I marched her up to slides telling her quite loudly that the playground is for Everyone and told her he didn't own the playground and so long as she took turns she could go on any slide she wanted.

A few minutes later other mom finally shows up.

I know they are kids but I don't go for the exclusion of ANY kid. I also get ticked because if it were MY kid saying things I'd have stopped it and DD always is with one of us right there. I also get ticked because I'm a nurse. If someones kid fell...even beyond the parent naturally being responsible, I would be moreso. Fine...if parents are there. But when they aren't it annoys me.

I didn't yell at the kid but I made my point clear and when DH came back he could tell I was pissed. I know kids will be kids but watch your kid and teach them to be decent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Pissed because a kid was being a kid?

I hate passive aggressive crap with kids, you should have just explained to the kid, not the air, that he needed to share.

Sometimes it's the adults I shake my head at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. That shit happens at playgrounds. It's not that big a deal. When I see it I just say that the playgrounds are for everyone and everyone gets a turn. That's usually all it takes for the other kid to knock it off. Nothing to be that pissed about.
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

i agree with them ^ i would say something but not get mad..

areyouatroll
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
What is wrong with you? You are not the ruler of the playground or responsible for kids just because you are a nurse. Jeez
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Do you have limited exposure to people too? Glad you handled it, not a huge issue....

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Oh good grief.
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
You are going to set your daughter up to be a target.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

How exactly are you teaching your child to deal with this type of adversity when you're not so far up her ass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

You are going to have a lot of issues. Start teaching your child to socialize and how to take care of herself in these situations, and don't you think you have to "confront" other tiny children and get your hair all up over a THREE YEAR OLD.

that's really sad that I think about it. You're pissed at a 3 year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I would have done the same thing but in an overly sweet tone. If he protested I would have asked in an even nicer, quieter tone "Where is your mom so I can let her know you have a problem sharing the slide?" If at that point it wasn't resolved I would then approach the mother asking her to speak to her child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN