Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at Home Mom and money

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
I've worked all my teenage to adult life so far. And ever since my son was born two months ago I've become a stay at home mom. My husband is now financially responsible for the three of us...and the dog. He's completely fine with it and we can definitely live comfortably off of his salary. But I still feel guilty about not being able to contribute in a financial way. Do any of you moms out there work from home? Any way to make money from home that I can do?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Bump, I'm interested too!
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I haven't worked since '06. After my 2nd daughter was born. Here and there I would babysit but no,I've never worked from home. And I've had 2 more babies since then:) Just enjoy your little baby while you can,it flies by!
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I make tutus and.diaper cakes. Not 100% all the time but I do.

I'm a single mom of 3 I worked from 15 till I was 28 full time I have awesome savings. Lol I live off of.no assistance at all. I also babysit and.clean houses a few.times.a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
The years I was a sahm I would never had considered working from home. I figured the whole purpose of me being home was to spend that time raising and enjoying my children. Being on the computer was not going to accomplish that.

I've never measured worth by how much money ones makes, so it never dawned on me to feel the need to make money, I contributed to our family in other ways. However they were no less important because they didn't have a dollar value.
jakesmom323
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I've been SAHM for almost 4 years and the only one I found that's legitimate was Amazon. It was a call center job. BUT during those hours you have to have someone else watch your kids while you work. Can't have a screaming baby in the background, you know;) So defeats the purpose. You could have a daycare out of your home? You do have to change your home insurance though and I would die watching more. Good luck;)
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I just do little things online to make a bit.
Swagbucks is one. You do searches or tasks to get points you redeem for prizes, including cash :)
I usually do amazon gift cards and save them up and can buy DH a nice bday gift 100% from me. I do around $20 a month with almost no effort.
Www.swagbucks.com/refer/isra1986
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
A lot of companies will now allow you to telecommute. I live just outside of Orlando and quite a few of the timeshare resorts are looking for people to work from home. Also the HSN (home shopping network) is looking for order takers to work from home.
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
You are raising a child and managing a house. If you feel bad make your husband some cookies or his fave meals. If you dont need the money just enjoy your family while you can you don't know what tomorrow brings you may have to go back to work.
bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I coupon now , but started applying for jobs already my baby will be 2 soon and I want to work
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

a lot  of sahm's apply and get welfare as their contribution.

not that I'm recommending that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)