Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I'm cool with strangers telling my kid to stop it, or be quiet.

My son is 2, and in the dreaded terrible 2s, and often times, what you say to them goes in one ear and out the other.

Every now and then I wish a stranger would tell my kid to quit acting up, or tell him to be quiet, because I know, if someone else said it to him, he'd likely be quiet, because, quite frankly, he doesn't care if his screaming bugs me, I'm his mom.

My point is...I would find it great if a stranger told my kid to be quiet, because that lets him know that its not just me that gets annoyed by his behavior.

I don't understand why most people get all up in arms about a stranger telling their kid to be quiet.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
He's 2,lol. He's not gonna care who tells him,2 seconds later he'll have forgotten about it.
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
A complete stranger saying anything disrespectful to my children isn't going to fly with me. A friend or family member ok that's fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Yeah, but he'd be quiet because a stranger was talking to him.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

He's 2,lol. He's not gonna care who tells him,2 seconds later he'll have forgotten about it.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Terrible twos. Haha. Wait until he hits 3. So much worse! :)

Mickimarie
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I think it depends on the situation, In church my daughter is being noisy and the lady sitting next to me asks her to please hush that's fine, but when she is out side playing and jabbering at her friends and they tell her to shut up then this momma gets involved

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I don't mind if someone else does tell my kid to be quiet etc meaning I wouldn't be angry at them,, but I certainly would feel bad and ashamed that I wasn't being a good enough parent, and forcing a stranger to scare my child into submission.

thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Haha yep, and then 4 - even worse haha ;)

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Terrible twos. Haha. Wait until he hits 3. So much worse! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN