Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tommy's In The Garage, wtf? hes dead

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last year my bil passed away. He was an alcoholic who couldnt hold a job and became a transient. When he passed , my dh & I decided to make sure his children had a proper goodbye to their father.

So we got the family together , we all pitched in some money and I put together a  memorial service at my church for my bil, well for his kids. His body was donated to science. His body would be cremated , and sent to the family.

Yesterday my mil calls my dh ( he hasnt talked to her in a yr). Well as shes babbling , she says the words  "Oh and Tommy's still in the garage" My dh is all  WHAT??

Apparently because there wasnt enough money collected and I didnt take care of it for them, they have not seen fit to bury the man or find a place for his ashes. So he was stuffed in the back of my sil's ( my dh's sister) garage a yr ago and is still there.

WTF? Who does that?  My dh's stupid family does I guess.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

At first when I first read it, I thought you ment his body was still in the garage! 

but yeah, that's a shame..:( 

AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM
My aunt passed away in February and her last wish was for her ashes to be spread at the 50 yard line at Needles High School. Why? We have an idea.

My dad buried my step moms urn on Memorial Day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I have my moms best friend (she was like a sister to me) ashes and my fil ashes in my house but they are in nice urns and not shoved in a closet or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

there are no plans because I didnt plan it for the family and none of them want to pay for any of it (its their own brother), so he will sit in the back of the garage until my sil moves or she passes and his ashes will just get thrown out with the rest of the garbage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people like to keep the ashes because they have other plans with them.  My parents have my sister ashes so when the first one of them dies she will be buried with them.  Her ashes are in their house in a safe place.  I personally have never seen her urn but know where it is.  ( she died at birth ) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Maybe that's just where she feels comfortable keeping them? Maybe she doesn't just want to spread them? Is the issue the location of the ashes or that it hasn't been spread? I don't get it. She should do whatever she wants with her son's ashes
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

so his kids should take flowers to my sil garage ?

Quoting justpeachy71904:

If he was cremated what does it matter where he is kept? Usually an alcoholic dies leaving bitter family members, my dad did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

read it wrong, the sister has him in the garage because they just dont want to pay anymore then they had to already , so his kids should just take flowers to sil garage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe that's just where she feels comfortable keeping them? Maybe she doesn't just want to spread them? Is the issue the location of the ashes or that it hasn't been spread? I don't get it. She should do whatever she wants with her son's ashes

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I read through it pretty quickly, and using the word stuffed implied a body to me and not ashes, I was like wtf?! and had to read it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

they put him in the garage and I shouldnt use the word stuffed. wtf?

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

You shouldn't use the word "stuffed" I had to read twice to check, lol. And that's pretty shitty for Tommy, he should be inside.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Damn! That's just cold. They could have at least given the ashes to someone who would at least care enough to keep him in the house.

... thank you ...

Quoting Anonymous:

his ashes  just in a box, stuffed in the back of my sil ( his sisters) garage.

Sorry about your son.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Okay, they DID cremate him, right?

We had our son cremated and his ashes are in the beautiful urn we got and sitting in his room.

Most people keep the ashes of their loved one. I was even offered the ashes of my beloved Acie when I had to have him put to sleep. 

They normally don't shove them in the back of the garage. 

deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That's a shame. My sisters urn is still upstairs next to her picture. My parents bought a cemetary marker and had it made and everything but no one wants to bury the urn, we want it where if my parents move or, if god forbid, something happens to my parents, she can be moved. The garage is a sad place for him to be kept. And to not care about the location of the urn is sad (for your mil not to really care I mean)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)