Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tommy's In The Garage, wtf? hes dead

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Last year my bil passed away. He was an alcoholic who couldnt hold a job and became a transient. When he passed , my dh & I decided to make sure his children had a proper goodbye to their father.

So we got the family together , we all pitched in some money and I put together a  memorial service at my church for my bil, well for his kids. His body was donated to science. His body would be cremated , and sent to the family.

Yesterday my mil calls my dh ( he hasnt talked to her in a yr). Well as shes babbling , she says the words  "Oh and Tommy's still in the garage" My dh is all  WHAT??

Apparently because there wasnt enough money collected and I didnt take care of it for them, they have not seen fit to bury the man or find a place for his ashes. So he was stuffed in the back of my sil's ( my dh's sister) garage a yr ago and is still there.

WTF? Who does that?  My dh's stupid family does I guess.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yeah, I had to read it a couple times, just to make sure she didn't mean the body.

I don't think we are the only ones.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I read through it pretty quickly, and using the word stuffed implied a body to me and not ashes, I was like wtf?! and had to read it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

they put him in the garage and I shouldnt use the word stuffed. wtf?

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

You shouldn't use the word "stuffed" I had to read twice to check, lol. And that's pretty shitty for Tommy, he should be inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

mil's words when she found he passed were "So what do you want me to do about it". Thats why dh & I took it upon ourselves to make sure bil kids had a way to say goodbye and we planned memorial service.

Quoting deputygirls28:

That's a shame. My sisters urn is still upstairs next to her picture. My parents bought a cemetary marker and had it made and everything but no one wants to bury the urn, we want it where if my parents move or, if god forbid, something happens to my parents, she can be moved. The garage is a sad place for him to be kept. And to not care about the location of the urn is sad (for your mil not to really care I mean)

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Kinda funny but, I've read a few replies now and feel a little better, didn't mean to start Sunday so morbidly

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I had to read it a couple times, just to make sure she didn't mean the body.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I read through it pretty quickly, and using the word stuffed implied a body to me and not ashes, I was like wtf?! and had to read it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

You shouldn't use the word "stuffed" I had to read twice to check, lol. And that's pretty shitty for Tommy, he should be inside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

yes mil a little wacky, and you cant understand her, but I had to write it just like she said it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah I know mil a little wacky, but I wrote just like she said it.  why do you think my dh was like WHAT????

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Kinda funny but, I've read a few replies now and feel a little better, didn't mean to start Sunday so morbidly

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I don't see an issue. You did what you had to do and now let them figure it out... It's not your issue anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My SIL has both her mom and dad in a  urn down in the basement,,,, 

and 

SO mom has her mom in a urn someplace in her house.

Byrd15
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Makes me sad...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I agree its not my issue, was just shocked they didnt put him somewhere, where his kids could visit him. What are they supposed to do , take flowers to my sil garage? He's not even in their garage, he's in their aunts garage.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see an issue. You did what you had to do and now let them figure it out... It's not your issue anymore.

morning_glories
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

OMG. I can see if she wanted to keep the ashes...but in the garage. What in the world. I understand that the man was not the best person in the world, but everyone deserves the respect due to any living creature. Would she keep her dead cat in the garage? I have heard it all now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN