Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you have another baby to save the life of a child you already have?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 316

View Results

If you had a sick child and the only way the child Might survive is to have another baby and use that baby's bone marrow. Would you do it? Lets say the child you have now is under one and you need to make a choice now! Remember if you choose to have the baby. The bone marrow Might work!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I would think yes.
But we have a larger than average family. We would all be tested first of course!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
6 moms liked this

Like in My Sisters Keeper? Lol. Maybe, but it would only be that one single time. No more. 

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Might is a big risk.

if I were young enough to have a child,under one and knew I wanted more then I might get pregnant sooner than planned. But what if it didn't work? Would you resent that child due to no fault of his own?

if it didn't work would you tell,them that's why you had them? If you didn't someone could tell them later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
No
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't know if I would be comfortable with the youngest child knowing they were brought into the world for the sole purpose of saving the older child's life. What if it didn't work? How would my husband and I feel, how would the children feel? I just couldn't do it.
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I was thinking of My Sisters Keeper too. That poor little girl went through hell. No, i probably would not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Yes but I would have a limit. I would not have a child for the purpose of harvesting organs. I would have one for cord blood or bone marrow.
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM
13 moms liked this

No, I'm not going to bring another child into this world just for spare parts. Try explaining that one! No thanks. Plus unless you are doing genetic testing on the embryos you wouldn't be sure you were getting a match. And even if there is a match that's just not a guarantee. Not the best circumstance to bring a child into this world. I wouldn't do it. I would worry too over the lengths a parent would go to with the new child. I mean how many procedures would be too many procedures for a young child to go through to save the life of their sibling. The child can't speak for themselves and the person who normally would have their best interest might not because they are blinded by their love for the older child. They may be willing to put the new child through anything, including repeated painful procedures, just to save the life of their other child. The newer child is of course eventually going to feel resentment and anger at the parents and probably their siblings. I think if parents do this then a child advocate should be appointed because someone needs a balanced view of what is in the best interests of the new child. But what other folks do with their kids isn't really my business.

sassykymom4
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Nope..
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

No way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)