Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy Crap! Found a Bedbug! **Update

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 39 Replies

Oh my goodness, I just found an adult bedbug in my toddler's room! He started Daycare about a month ago. I hope they came from there. He's takes his silky blanket back and forth. I am so distressed about the work and $$$ its going to take to make sure we don't get infested, if we aren't already. It doesn't help that I'm 35wks pregnants, at least I'm on leave and have time to clean the house.

Anyone have tips on safe BB removal?

Okay, the exterminator is coming on Tuesday. I've found no other evidence of them. (Aside from what I thought were mosquito bites on my son. And that breaks my heart and makes me so F'ing angry)  I've got the one bug in a sealed  glass jar. It is about the size of an apple seed. I will not post a pic of it. Too Gross. Thanks for tips about heat/steaming. After exterminator comes on Tuesday I will rent a steamer and clean the house. For now we are focusing on his room, and then his sister's room across the hall. Thankfully our LL is paying for the exterminator and she said that they'll come every week untill bugs are gone.

As for Daycare, I don't know what we'll do about them. I'll tell them about it, they need to be aware but as I said, I hope it came from there because if so we can avoid getting them again.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
exterminator.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd burn my house down but that's just me.

isleysmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Do a google search but I have heard that the only true way to get rid of them is to pay a professional to come in and do the thermal heat thing. Good luck!

MrsLuciano02
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

This is the best way.....a few years ago my apartment got bedbugs and we had to replace two queen size beds and our couch after we payed someone to heat up the apartment

Quoting isleysmom:

Do a google search but I have heard that the only true way to get rid of them is to pay a professional to come in and do the thermal heat thing. Good luck!

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Well first of all, check his bed, pull everything apart and look for little black specks on the mattresses , and look him over to see if he has any bite marks on him, and wash the blanket in hot, hot, hot water if you can.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
6 moms liked this

All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was
Where do you want to start? Take the Doctors hand and join us at Cafe Who!

CplusG
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I've heard that the extreme heat method is the only way that works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.lovelylumps
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
HOLY CRAP...It's probably more than one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
that makes two of us.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd burn my house down but that's just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)