Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When do you stop getting naked in front of your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

The other day, I realized that my son, 8, is probably too old for me to be walking around naked in front of him. Before you freak out, I don't just walk around naked for the hell of it. Yesterday I got out of the shower and needed my bra out of the drier. So I ran to the drier topless. Of course he comes up to tell me something his sister did and we had a conversation while I'm standing there topless, looking for my bra amongst the clothes. While my son didn't even flinch, or bat an eye, I'm sure he will one day. I have 4 kids, oldest is 8, and if I'm getting in the shower they always come busting into my room, fighting or telling on each other, etc. Of course I am standing there naked trying to get dressed etc.

At what point should I go out of my way for him not to see me naked? He knows naked bodies are private, just not so much private in the house when its just family. He isn't shy with his own body yet, which is why, I guess, I haven't thought about until now.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Idk, my girls are 8 & 5 and still see me naked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I'm wondering too. Oldest out of four just turned 7 and three are boys. Doesn't bother me much and they've seen nursing and aren't phased by boobs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Ds is 5 and hasn't seen me naked or shirtless since he was about 4. I don't want my son being an adult and remember seeing me naked lol
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
My dd is 6.5 and still sees me naked. I'm 27 and still see my mom naked.

If he asks you to stop, stop.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
When THEY become uncomfortable with it. There is nothing wrong with child-parent nudity.
I'm 20 and still see my mother naked at times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would give girls a little more leeway. Boys will eventually become obsessed with boobs. I'm just wondering when that is. Haha

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Idk, mine girls are 8 & 5 and still see me naked.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My only child is almost 7 and I won't go out of my way to keep her from seeing me naked.She sees me getting in or out of the shower,or getting dressed/undressed.She's not embrassed by it and neither am I.I won't go out of my way to keep her from seeing me naked.If it starts to bother her one day,I'm sure learn to knock or ask before coming into my bedroom or bathroom.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
They don't become obsessed with their mothers boobs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would give girls a little more leeway. Boys will eventually become obsessed with boobs. I'm just wondering when that is. Haha

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hahahahahaha. Good point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ds is 5 and hasn't seen me naked or shirtless since he was about 4. I don't want my son being an adult and remember seeing me naked lol

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Lol. Yes they will but not yours! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN