Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You have 50 bucks for groceries. Can you do it? I took the bet! Results insude.!

Family of 4
Need groceries for 5 days. Can you do it?
Go!

Oh and what would you buy?

I won my bet!!! I bought enough groceries to feed us all for 5 days with 48 dollars.

We have:
Spaghetti
Chicken jambalaya
Red beans and rice
Hot dogs

A lot of you ladies have asked what we do for breakfast and lunches.... We already have breakfast food here. Lots of it. And we eat ate breakfasts and no real lunch instead we have an apple and cheese or yogurt for a snack about 2 o'clock. We did however buy meat and cheese and bread and chips for Dh to have since he's at work by the time we do breakfast
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (201-204):
ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

for 5 days? im sure i could. i would have to plan it but yeah. ive done it in the past, im sure i could to it again

Fazed
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

OMG Red beans and rice!! Can I come over for dinner?? :)

britadams10
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

thank you : ) but i'm sure if i HAD TO DO IT. i could but i've never really had to budget for food, that's one thing i refuse to budget on lol

Quoting dalbax2:

Sad that you couldn't go 5 days on 50 dollars.  If you have never had to budget then you wouldn't really understand.  BTW....congrats on your baby. 

Quoting britadams10:

How? I eat different food for every meal. and snacks. breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, snacks. I'm 7 months pregnant. I've never had to budget for food so it's not something I worry about. 

Quoting dalbax2:

That's sad. 

Quoting britadams10:

not with snything good. I couldn't even feed myself for 5 days with 50$

dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM

That's understandable.

Quoting britadams10:

thank you : ) but i'm sure if i HAD TO DO IT. i could but i've never really had to budget for food, that's one thing i refuse to budget on lol

Quoting dalbax2:

Sad that you couldn't go 5 days on 50 dollars.  If you have never had to budget then you wouldn't really understand.  BTW....congrats on your baby. 

Quoting britadams10:

How? I eat different food for every meal. and snacks. breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, snacks. I'm 7 months pregnant. I've never had to budget for food so it's not something I worry about. 

Quoting dalbax2:

That's sad. 

Quoting britadams10:

not with snything good. I couldn't even feed myself for 5 days with 50$

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)