Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Over 3 hours at stupid Costco and ........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
2 moms liked this

$900 later, WTF. I don't know what it is about that place, but we tend to spend too much money there! I get so frustrated with the people who do not watch where they are going or they stand around with their cart blocking the aisles and people can't get through.  I wish the wouldn't give food samples as people hoard around like they haven't eaten in weeks. It's fucking pizza for crying out loud, do 20 people really need to line up to try some.

My 8 month old daughter complained less than my husband and I did!!! There vent over!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Your Costco must be busier than ours! We go at prime times and it isn't that bad. We do tend to spend a lot of money there, but it certainly keeps us going through the week. 2lbs of blueberries for $5? Awesome!

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I love that place! I would go everyday if it wasn't an hour away :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ours is super busy as it is the only one in our area. There is talk of them opening another one closer to us. That would be nice, but then we may end up there more which would mean we spend more money!!

Quoting Anonymous:

$900 later, WTF. I don't know what it is about that place, but we tend to spend too much money there! I get so frustrated with the people who do not watch where they are going or they stand around with their cart blocking the aisles and people can't get through.  I wish the wouldn't give food samples as people hoard around like they haven't eaten in weeks. It's fucking pizza for crying out loud, do 20 people really need to line up to try some.

My 8 month old daughter complained less than my husband and I did!!! There vent over!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours is about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. There is talk of them opening one 10 minutes from us. That is a good and bad thing!! Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff they have, but get frustrated with the people and parking!

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I love that place! I would go everyday if it wasn't an hour away :)

GOBryan
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I don't do Costco anymore but most of the time you buy way too many bulk items that you don't even have a place to store. What's good there is the bulk toilet paper, paper towels and soap. Dog food as well.  Clothes and items like that are cheaper at TJ Maxx, etc. and more variety. 

I would never go during the weekend. That's a madhouse. 

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! $900?!? What the heck did you get?? Lol
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I love Costco samples! It's the best thing about the store. I do hate that no one understands sample cart etiquette, tho. How hard is it to stand out of the middle of the aisle and to not grab three or four samples (especially when it's a popular item?)

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I love going, when its not insane. My bf is one of those slow people that just stands there. Omg it drives me crazy. Its like, babe!! There's people wanting to get around!! Move the cart you goose! The sample thing doesn't big me too much except for the people who snatch it right before your hand can touch it. And they know it too! Then there's the kids who take like 5 samples and sit there and eat em. For real dude?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I am a toiler paper hoarder! I always get 2 huge packs and it makes me feel so good! My husband always questions why we need so much and I tell him it does not go bad so why not! Yeah we have a hard time going during the week and it tends to be busy then anyways. On the weekends they have more staff and open most of the tills.

Quoting GOBryan:

I don't do Costco anymore but most of the time you buy way too many bulk items that you don't even have a place to store. What's good there is the bulk toilet paper, paper towels and soap. Dog food as well.  Clothes and items like that are cheaper at TJ Maxx, etc. and more variety. 

I would never go during the weekend. That's a madhouse. 

209mom4you
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM
I was there for a few hours and spent 120
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)