Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't spank....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
5 moms liked this

And my kids are really well-behaved.  I think that not spanking definitely takes more time and effort, but it's definitely worth it.  It's not for those who are lazy parents.  You're a big bully if you resort to hitting your kids.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twade26
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

tinkerbelle18
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree completely. Dh and I were both spanked as children and the first decision we made together was not to spank our children.

baileyquarters
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
*see other troll post*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this

No one cares.  We are entitled to discipline our kids how we choose as long as it is not abusive

SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  I love DS so much and wanted him so much how could I inflict pain on him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I paddle my fourteen year old's bare behind. 

Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it is great when patents find discipline that works for their family. That is awesome.

I try very hard not to judge the techniques other choose. I guess I am just weird that way.

We have spanked a few times. We have also grounded them, removed everything from their room, removed a door or 2, done hard labor, taken activities away from them, taken toys away from them, the list goes on and on.

If you think I am lazy for one of the many techniques we choose to use then so be it. My kids are great kids and really well behaved.

Good luck to you.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok, that is one person's opinion. I spank my kids. I am not lazy. I am not a bully. My mother spanked me. She was not lazy. She was not a bully. I use other methods of discipline before going to spanking. I am so sick of hearing this crap. My kids are very well behaved too. I was very well behaved. What is the difference if the end result is the same? What works for your kids may not work for mine. As a teacher, I am always having to find different methods for different kids because one teaching or disciplinary method may not work from one child to the next. I'm tired of people like you that think you are the only one that knows how to discipline your kids.

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

OP, if you are such a wonderful disciplinarian, you should write a book.  You seem to know it all.  Otherwise, it works for you and that's great.  Don't preach.

KGreen75
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I agree, especially that spankers are lazy parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured