Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DS was called a girl twice today ETA Thank you

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Really? Is it cause he has long hair? He just turned two.

- I didnt mind the mistakes. Just was surprised. I thought it was more obvious. I don't plan on cutting it. I love his blonde curls.

** I don't understand some you women! Why should I have to miss the joy of his adorable blonde curls just because he is a boy?**

*** I feel kinda silly feeling the need to edit this again and explain myself. I probably care too much what people think. But here it goes anyway:

I am not AT ALL upset by him being mistaken as a girl. It does not offend me. And I do not blame anyone for mistaking him. And I'm not complaining about people mistaking him.

The original intent of this post was to gain perspective because I had no clue he looked anything like a girl before those comments. But apparently he does! LOL And that's fine to me!

The only opinion that I dislike coming from you all is the one that says I SHOULD cut his hair because he is a boy. Which is the reason for my last edit. I think it's a ridiculous opinion. Who says boys should absolutely have short hair. I think that he is adorable with his curls. So I have no reason to cut them until he asks me to. I sure as hell wouldn't do it to appease gender stereotypes.

Thank you for all the responses ladies! It really put things into perspective. I didn't imagine so many would have an opinion on my little guy but I read through each one and I appreciate it! I especially thank those of you who posted pics of your little ones that don't fit into the typical gender stereotype box. LOL Your children are beautiful!  :)

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (951-952):
dizzy77702
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
If you don't want him mistaken for a girl then cut his hair, it's that simple. I don't understand why you are so against the idea when most little boys have short hair.
xenafy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Mobile Photo

I think he is a beautiful boy don't be shamed by the hair if they have it flaunt it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN