Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i hate names like that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
I hate random nouns for names and overuse of one letter. Ryleigh seems nice. Ryly no.
Your most hated name trend?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Old names. Like Agatha or Harold. Some are ok, it's like the difference between an antique and something that's just old. A two year old named Wilbur is just sad to me :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Bump
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate the changing a ph for an f or making a f a ph. Like jennipher instead of Jennifer or even worse kristofor instead of Christopher. I work with people by both those names. SMDH.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
7 moms liked this
I don't like overly unique spellings that basically change the majority of letters in the name.

For example: Maesynn for Mason
Ayevuh for Ava
Laoryn for Lauren

Etc.
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Making names longer than necessary. It would be Riley. Just Riley. Everything else is superfluous. It just means strapping a kid with writing a longer name about a million times for no apparent reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Old names. Like Agatha or Harold. Some are ok, it's like the difference between an antique and something that's just old. A two year old named Wilbur is just sad to me :(

I know a 7 year old named Wilbur. Even sadder he's named after his dad who DETESTED the name himself growing up in the 90's
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Ryly looks like such a weird spelling! Lol I'm not a fan of naming a child after a popular new movie/show... like twilight; hunger games or GoT... who are we kidding... they will never be classics.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I'm not a fan of the names that end up with the child having 3 of the same initials.. Alex Arnold Andrews or Sophia Sarah Smith. Or overly matchy names for twins like Lilly and Milly, Sam and Pam.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I hate names that are not pronounced like they are spelled, or names with multiple pronunciations for one spelling - is Mia My-uh or Me-uh? Why is Danika Dan-i-kuh but Anika is Ah-nee-kuh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Intitials that spell something! I know a GRR and GAG and a Sam Aric Matthews (SAM)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)