Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm a fat a**, and i thought about going back to anorexia... :(

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 183 Replies
My husband and I are doing Wii fit to try to lose weight. I know dumb, but it motivates me!

Last night I did it and then weighed myself after I was done working out, I did a 30 minute workout, I fucking ran for 5 god damn minutes (for me that is a lot!) And when I weighed myself it read that I gained 2 pounds, wtf?

I did it again this morning and when I weighed myself I lost 2.2 pounds, then I finished my workout of boxing (6 mins), hula hoop (6 mins), running the rest of the time and I gained 1.5 pounds after that weigh in.

Wtf gives?

I will never admit this ever again, not in here anyways, but I weighed 212 when I started and now I weigh 213.5... :( I cried last night when it told me I gained!

My husband however, lost 1.5 pounds, yay, I'm proud of him!

I had thoughts last night of going back to anorexia, because hey, that actually fuckin worked!

I plan to start small, 30 mins for 2 weeks, 45 mins for 2 weeks, and so on...but this sucks! :(
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allornone
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Water weight?

firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM
5 moms liked this
Stop weighing yourself so much
Muscle also weighs more than fat
Give your body a little time, it'll be worth it later
You'll see yourself start to tone up and it'll just get better from there
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Possibly, I just don't understand how it would fluctuate so much. Before I decided I wanted to get in shape, I lost 30 pounds, I went from 213 to 183 and then somehow or another I gained it all back. I didn't change anything, when I lost the weight I wasn't even very active. :(

Then I gained it all back and I got a bit depressed, stopped caring about how I looked and everything, and now I'm like I want to be healthy, kwim?

Quoting allornone:

Water weight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Are you remembering to weight before eating and after going to the bathroom? I read an article at the doctors office (seriously bored waiting) that said if you don't have a bm in 3 days that can cause you to weight 15-20 lbs more
blue_elephant
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I know, but its part of my illness, I obsess over the number on the scale.

I actually had to hide my scale from myself, and now that there is one readily available I can't seem to control myself, kwim?

I just feel like a failure...

Quoting firebird78:

Stop weighing yourself so much

Muscle also weighs more than fat

Give your body a little time, it'll be worth it later

You'll see yourself start to tone up and it'll just get better from there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Stop weighing yourself. It isn't accurate when you weigh after every workout. Weigh once a week at the same time. Keep moving. You'll see changes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM
How tall are you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
"Going back to anorexia"
Grow the fuck up. You're a mother.
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Your weight in the morning is the most accurate. Weighing yourself after a workout doesn't really show the results. It doesn't work that way mama.

Keep at it. Try weighing yourself  every couple of days. Also it is normal to put and keep about 2-3 pounds a week around your period but it usually goes away about a few days to a week after.

blue_elephant
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I don't have normal bm's, I can go up to two weeks before having a bm. I know not normal, but it'd how I've always been...

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you remembering to weight before eating and after going to the bathroom? I read an article at the doctors office (seriously bored waiting) that said if you don't have a bm in 3 days that can cause you to weight 15-20 lbs more
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN