Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Racist crime? Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I agree reverse race issues aren't talked about as much. Me and DH were talking about this earlier today. But I don't think Trayvon deserved to die. 

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally don't think there should be a "poster child" racism.
And I also think that this was a tad biased in the way it was worded.
That's all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM

No I dont think Trayvon deserved to die either. But it seems like you always hear more about crimes when its a black victim and someone of another race who committed the crime.

Quoting zeenah:

I agree reverse race issues aren't talked about as much. Me and DH were talking about this earlier today. But I don't think Trayvon deserved to die. 

zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Totally agree. Maybe it's because they don't want the backlash from black people by saying they are racists. They would just say we dealt with slavery, segregation, and racism for year. We're not the racists.  It's easier for race issue to be everyone else vs. blacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I dont think Trayvon deserved to die either. But it seems like you always hear more about crimes when its a black victim and someone of another race who committed the crime.

Quoting zeenah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM
There was also a white couple that were attacked by black ppl at the same time of trevons murder. They cut off his penis in front of his gf/fiancé and then killed him. Most didnt hear of that either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

It could be. Racism is sad. It seems like everyone feels they are owed something from someone due to past history. Just drop it and move forward. We are all people with feelings and should just go on and live our lives. I wish the world would become color blind.

Quoting zeenah:

Totally agree. Maybe it's because they don't want the backlash from black people by saying they are racists. They would just say we dealt with slavery, segregation, and racism for year. We're not the racists.  It's easier for race issue to be everyone else vs. blacks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting zeenah:

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Wait for me!!!!

Quoting SageAdvice:

Derpy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:18 AM

tysmommy98
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Too bad we can't say "this happened to a boy by a woman". Too bad we have to say it at all. I don't get why one story should get more press than the other. Oh. Because the victim was white. Seems legit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM
How long did it take for the authorities to arrest the lady that killed that boy? The reason Trayvons case became so popular was because they didnt think Zimmerman was going to get charged. If he was immediately charged, nobody would know about Trayvon Martin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)