Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People keep saying exercise will tone/tighten loose skin...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
But when I ask what these magic exercises are they don't answer me. I've tried for 2yrs to tighten my saggy belly skin and nothing has worked. I saw little to no improvement with skin firming lotions or exercise. So what is it that I'm not doing because no one will tell me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Why won't anyone tell me? Am I not in the secret club or what?
eSamsMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Exercise doesn't tone tighten skin, it tones and tightens the muscles under the skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM

No, your skin will not change with exercise, unless you build muscle to fit into it. Still it will only shrink through time or surgery. Older people's skin is not elastic enough to bounce back, either. Sad! You put all that time into it to lose weight then there is all this leftover skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:18 AM
You're doing the surgery part. Lol. That's the only way to really get rid of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
This is where the wrap people are going to try to sell you stuff...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM
And yet I still get told that it will. Those people who say that never tell me how or what to do though. I just wish there was something I could do. I lost 80lbs and can't afford surgery and I'm stuck with this belly skin. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

No, your skin will not change with exercise, unless you build muscle to fit into it. Still it will only shrink through time or surgery. Older people's skin is not elastic enough to bounce back, either. Sad! You put all that time into it to lose weight then there is all this leftover skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I'm so sorry! Start  saving. A tummy tuck is a nice goal.

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet I still get told that it will. Those people who say that never tell me how or what to do though. I just wish there was something I could do. I lost 80lbs and can't afford surgery and I'm stuck with this belly skin. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM
This is where the wrap people that don't have good business practice try.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is where the wrap people are going to try to sell you stuff...

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM
I saw something I can't remember where but it said something about rubbing coffee grounds on your stomach, something to do with the caffeine will help tighten skin. I don't know if it works though. I think I saw it on Pintrist.
DusterMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM

If you don't have naturally elastic skin, it won't just shrink back up and be tight.  It's the sad truth. Exercise works muscle - not skin.

I'm not aware of anything that will truly get rid of extra skin - except for surgery.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)