Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physically and Emotionally exhausted..

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM
  • 47 Replies
I'm 24 years old with 3 daughters, ages 7 weeks, 5 years and 6 1/2 years. I've been with my boyfriend going on year 8. I love him, he's an amazing father, boyfriend and friend.

I started back working when my baby was 2 1/2 weeks old bc financially, things sucked horribly. I'm working graveyard shift, 55 hours a week while taking care of 3 young kids.

He works part time (that's all he's been able to find) at these dog kennels in our city. He works normally between 7-11/12 7 days a week, I work 6 days. I NEVER get sleep anymore, I haven't had a full even 6 hours in 5 weeks and I'm downright exhausted..

Please tell me the hard work is worth it...that the whole being sleep deprived thing is for a good cause..

**one tired mama**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM
4 moms liked this

I think you need to take the tip of your boot and shove it up your boyfriends ass. If you are providing for the majority of the home plus a newborn, he can take over a lot of that. 

IsmellP00h
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM
The hard work is worth it and the whole being sleep deprived thing is for a good cause. :) feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM
He helps. I never said he didn't.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I think you need to take the tip of your boot and shove it up your boyfriends ass. If you are providing for the majority of the home plus a newborn, he can take over a lot of that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Thank you!!

Quoting IsmellP00h:

The hard work is worth it and the whole being sleep deprived thing is for a good cause. :) feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Youve gotta do what youve gotta do mama!  It sucks working full time and youre doing it for your babies.  If your SO could have a better job Im sure he would rather see you home more with the little one instead but getting through tough times together builds a strong relationship.  He knows that if things get hard you arent going to pile it all on him and the same for you.  It will pay off soon enough it may not seem like it now but when you see your babies faces THAT is why you are doing it and its all you need.  

(from another full time 3rd shift mom ;D )

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM
He's trying to find a better job, once he's able to, I'm going to try to go to 4 days a week instead of 6!

Quoting horseap:

Youve gotta do what youve gotta do mama!  It sucks working full time and youre doing it for your babies.  If your SO could have a better job Im sure he would rather see you home more with the little one instead but getting through tough times together builds a strong relationship.  He knows that if things get hard you arent going to pile it all on him and the same for you.  It will pay off soon enough it may not seem like it now but when you see your babies faces THAT is why you are doing it and its all you need.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
2 moms liked this

you need to tell him hes got to help out more.. sleep deprivation can do horrible things to your mind and body. Sounds like you are busting your ass and not getting enough help at home. That wouldn't fly.

IsmellP00h
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Yw :) it happens to the best of us find a sitter on your day off and sleep. Im available lol

Quoting jessimicuh:

Thank you!!

Quoting IsmellP00h:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Im stuck where Im at.  The owner wont allow any more to be hired so if SOMEONE has to call off the manager has to be called in so no one gets more overtime than what we do.  (the manager is salary so thats why shes called in)  I need a new job, 3rd shift is killing me.  I would love a Mon-Fri 9-5 office job.

Quoting jessimicuh:

He's trying to find a better job, once he's able to, I'm going to try to go to 4 days a week instead of 6!

Quoting horseap:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured