Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do ppl have prob. with interracial couples and families?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok, so my bf of 4yrs now father of my child ( I'm pregnant) is Filipino, black and white. And I'm African American , Portuguese, and Puerto Rican. And i experienced my first mug from a Asian women in the store. Me and bf are checking out, the cashier was a old asian lady, she looks at my bf then me, then my belly bump and rolled her eyes n gave me this rude ass stare. Then when she gave us the change she said really rude "have a good day" i couldn't help but believe it was bc we are a interracial couple .
I want to add, I'm not bothered by what happened, just shocked bc I've never encountered anything like that before.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Based on how you type, I'd guess you are a teen. She probably looked down on your young pregnancy, not your race.

twade26
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
6 moms liked this

It happens. You are going to get it a lot more, so you better get used to it and learn to ignore it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
5 moms liked this

People are racist. That is the way people are in the world. Just deal with it. I'm white, had a white baby, married a white man and am still put down so why should you be any different? Deal with the real world. IGNORE people like that. They have no power over you unless you let them!

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Maybe she just didn't like you. Unless you bf is obviously Filipino (which it doesnt sound like) she probably just had a problem with you.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Cheerio!

NotTheirMom99
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
3 moms liked this

I am also Filipino and my DH is white- oddly people seem to expect it since he's military. 

Ignore them!  Soon they will be oogling your baby!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
No, it's my phone that corrects everything, i was just to lazy to fix it.. I'm 21 not a teen

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Based on how you type, I'd guess you are a teen. She probably looked down on your young pregnancy, not your race.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
People are hateful sometimes regarding race relations.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, so my bf of 4yrs now father of my child ( I'm pregnant) is Filipino, black and white. And I'm African American , Portuguese, and Puerto Rican. And i experienced my first mugg. From a asain women in the store. Me and bf are checking out, the,cashier was a old asian lady, she looks at my bf then me, then my belly bump. N rolled her eyes n gave me this rude ass stare. Then when she gave us the change she said really rude "have a good day" i couldn't help but believe it was bc we are a interracial couple .
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Well my littlest sister is part black and my unborn child will be part Korean so I have no problem. Love is love yo

HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
4 moms liked this

Maybe she thought you look young, lacking a wedding ring or your race.  People judge everything.  Just ignore it or say something next time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)