Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She was missing...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

a woman in a town near by went missing last week, and they just found her remains in the woods in another smaller town. when the news came on the TV i was sad about it. her death was ruled a homicide.

i was talking to my husband about it and i said "its so sad, i feel so bad for her kids & grand kids"
and my husband said "it is what it is".. i was so anrgy. and i didnt even know the woman.

my husband is not a heartless man but i was floored by this. i explained that i cared in a sence that its very sad and i think of my own mother and how sad i and my children would be. and he said "you think too deeply into things" 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Eh, it is sad, but I wouldn't be overly upset either. I'm not heartless but I do realize things happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Eh...
LoveNaCupcake
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Dh is the same way. I think he has a point, I too sometimes think too much into something that has nothing to do with me.

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is like that too. I think mine says things thinking it'll make me feel better.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I don't think I would be mad at my dh if he did that, maybe just a WTF? Look..

There was a lady here that went missing and it said her and her husband had an argument and she never showed up for work the next day, so her coworkers were concerned. It proceeded to say, she was bipolar and smoked pot and crack to self medicate. 0_o I told DH her husband killed her and he's trying to make her look like a druggy. Sure enough, two days later her body was found and her husband is in custody. :/

BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

...well it IS what it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Meh, I'm the same way. If a tragedy doesn't personally effect me and mine I don't usually worry about it. I have a full plate of things I have to worry about and dragging myself down with things that I can do nothing about does nothing but gives me a migraine and then I'm useless to everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

i havnt dragged myself down with it, its just sad to me. i was angry because of his "i dont care" attitude. her death didnt personally effect my life its just very sad to me. and i was caught off guard by his responce.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh, I'm the same way. If a tragedy doesn't personally effect me and mine I don't usually worry about it. I have a full plate of things I have to worry about and dragging myself down with things that I can do nothing about does nothing but gives me a migraine and then I'm useless to everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)