Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is the first time that I can say that I am in love

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I was with a guy for five years, we had dd together, but I didn't love him. I never lied, I told him I didn't. I always told people I wasn't ready to say it. I always used to say "people say that hate is a strong word but so is love, and people throw it around like it's nothing."

I haven't had much love in my life, and I can't say that I love my parents or siblings, I'm sure my reasoning is justified. Honestly, my biggest fear when I found out that I was pregnant was that I wouldn't feel attached to her, and that I couldn't love her. but I absolutely do.

But I wasn't sure that I can ever be in love with a man, but the guy that I am talking to now, it's the most amazing feeling, I love him. And of course he doesn't have the time for a relationship, especially with someone who has a child.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you sure its not because its someone you can't really have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yep, I'm positive. I do have him in a way. I have his attention abd his time. I just don't have a relationship. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure its not because its someone you can't really have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

give it time, when i first started talking to my b/f, he told me he did not want any kids <did not tell him of my kids> well with in time,  he fell in love with my kids as he did me

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

thanks. he absolutely loves kids, and he has met my daughter, and his father has met my daughter and they both absolutely love her. He says he's scared, he doesn't know how to be a father figure and he isn't ready.

Quoting Anonymous:

give it time, when i first started talking to my b/f, he told me he did not want any kids well with in time,  he fell in love with my kids as he did me

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

There is a big difference between lust and love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

We have known eachother for over a year, we really got close about 4 months ago. I know the difference between lust and love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I've loved two men in my life. My husband who passed away and the man I was recently dating. I've lost them both. My recent boyfriend said he just couldn't deal with me and my busy schedule because I have children. I'm trying to accept that he wasn't worth my love if this is how he really feels but it hurts. I wish I could say that I didn't love him anymore. I wonder if it's even worth looking again?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I'm so sorry, it's hard. I gave up looking for love before I even found it, and then I fall in love. Sometimes I wish I never met him at all, because then I wouldn't have to know I was even capable of love.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've loved two men in my life. My husband who passed away and the man I was recently dating. I've lost them both. My recent boyfriend said he just couldn't deal with me and my busy schedule because I have children. I'm trying to accept that he wasn't worth my love if this is how he really feels but it hurts. I wish I could say that I didn't love him anymore. I wonder if it's even worth looking again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)