Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crafty moms!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So, I've always been super crafty. I crochet, paint, do so pretty good nail art (if I may so myself lol), I upcycle things I get from goodwill, and recently got into polymer clay, which is super fun lol!. 

What kinds of crafty things do you do and which is your favorite? (As of right now, I'm getting pretty into the polymer clay)

And let me see your beautiful creations! =)

Not the best, but I think they're pretty cute lol! Once I get better, Im thinking about opening an Etsy shop and selling some and decorating phone cases with them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Painted this for my DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Adorable!!!

Quoting supermama322:

Yeah they are fun to make. I just make little cakes, cupcakes and ice creams. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it's so much fun, and its truly crazy what some people can make! I am forever watching youtube videos and getting ideas lol. Do you have any pictures of your stuff??

Quoting supermama322:

I make polymer clay stuff too!

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Made a cap topper for graduation. I drew and painted the symbol by hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i need like perfect step by step dirctors with wait time and to see what it will look like with the fabric i choose.

Quoting Anonymous:

youtube is your best friend with DIY things like that (or pinterest) I just made a ear ring holder from a thin piece of carboard and some cute fabric! lol. I would suggest going to goodwill. Find a cute frame, paint it, and look up some tutorials of how to make it into a jewerly holder. I really want to do it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

jealous... i want to figure out how to make a place to put my jewerly besides hanging the rings off necklaces and using a coat hanger for necklaces and braclets.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I would love to learn how to make buttons. Unfortunately even though I can do some crafty things, I'm not artistic at all. They would just be a mess. lol

MommyKir
by Kay on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

nails, paint, drawing, origami, and i enjoy building things.

LoveNaCupcake
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Ooo I love playing with clay =) I crochet and draw/paint as well. I sell my crochet on Etsy

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Thanks! I make real cakes as well, but Idk if that counts as crafty. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Adorable!!!

Quoting supermama322:

Yeah they are fun to make. I just make little cakes, cupcakes and ice creams. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

it's so much fun, and its truly crazy what some people can make! I am forever watching youtube videos and getting ideas lol. Do you have any pictures of your stuff??

Quoting supermama322:

I make polymer clay stuff too!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Other than crochet I also like to redo furniture and find projects to do on pinterest. I have a few on my blog, but I have to admit, I have been slacking on everything lately. (including my poor little blog)

mamasaurusRex
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
My daughter likes making things out of polymer clay. She made necklaces, well the charms, for all her friends this past Christmas. Her true passion is duct tape. She has a book of things to make, but she usually uses YouTube. If you want to make something out of duct tape, there's a YouTube video for you.

I scrapbook, but my crafty skills end there. I admire anyone who has a knack for that stuff :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)