1) I can't teach the dog about hygiene, spoiled foods, insect repellant or safe sex
2) If the dog gets a reaction to a vaccine and died or is disabled, that's really sad but life goes on. Not the same with my child.
3) I'm willing to put in a lot of time to researching what is going into my kids bodies, how safe it is, and what age is best to get it. But it does take a while and I don't have the time to look up everything going into the dog.
4) There is no "Ah, whatever, just trust the doctor" when it comes to your child. You need to be informed about everything they need because doctors are wrong a lot. But with the dog, it is kind of just ,ah, whatever, just trust the vet .
5) The dog is fixed, I'm not worried about what the dog might pass on to their own kids. I do however want my children to be able to get pregnant and with a healthy child when the time comes.