Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so SICK of cleaning up other people's messes!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I am sick of being taken advantage of and then when everything goes to shit, I have to clean it up! I am sick of being talked into shit and then it all goes to hell and I have to clean it up. When do I get to live my life? When do I get to take care of my family? When does shit go normal?

This time, it is a mess of SOs. He did something stupid, then compounded the stupidity, and now I have to clean it up or risk losing everything. He has a good heart, just no common sense and no forthought whatsodamnever! I have to do his thinking for him, but I have to do it in a way that he thinks he thought it. It is exhausting. I am so ready to just cry and run away!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

sounds like you should

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I know exactly what you mean. My husband is the same way. It sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sick of being taken advantage of and then when everything goes to shit, I have to clean it up! I am sick of being talked into shit and then it all goes to hell and I have to clean it up. When do I get to live my life? When do I get to take care of my family? When does shit go normal?

This time, it is a mess of SOs. He did something stupid, then compounded the stupidity, and now I have to clean it up or risk losing everything. He has a good heart, just no common sense and no forthought whatsodamnever! I have to do his thinking for him, but I have to do it in a way that he thinks he thought it. It is exhausting. I am so ready to just cry and run away!

katherinemcp
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Ugh! Here's a bump. Hope your day goes better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Without knowing what it is, if he didn't do it maliciously, then maybe you need to take over whatever responsibility it order to avoid these problems again. 

IndigoRose
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Are you living with a man child?  He needs to grow up.  Maybe you should let him.  Leave.  

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Why are you left to pick up the pieces? As long as you are willing to do all the work no one else will do anything for themselves. What did your SO do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Girl, I was right there with you!  For 24 years I cleaned up my hubbys messed up decisions concerning money,work,and most of all his health!  When did sh*t get back to normal?  The year after my kid went off to college and I walked out the door and never looked back. Don't take that long, please!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

No, he didn't. It was a HUGE misunderstanding with an agency and the woman who said she would do XYZ and come to find out XYZ is out of her realm of capabilities, so now I have to do it, which would be fine if we weren't on such a shit deadline. ARGH. THIS time I will let it slide, but from now on, he is cleaning this up himself. 

Quoting JulyBabies:

Without knowing what it is, if he didn't do it maliciously, then maybe you need to take over whatever responsibility it order to avoid these problems again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Sounds normal :/
Hang in there momma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Because I am wonder woman and apparently, everyone in my life seems to think that I can handle ALL their shit, plus the shit they cause in my life, and I have no one to blame but myself.

SO missed a really important appointment, and now there is a shitstorm related to it that I now have to clean up.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Why are you left to pick up the pieces? As long as you are willing to do all the work no one else will do anything for themselves. What did your SO do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)