Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School uniforms and my little fashionista HELP PLEASE!!!! EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 73 Replies

Does anyone know where I can find solid color Maxi skirts or dresses for young girls size 6? My DD starts kindergarten in August and the school requires uniforms. She refuses to wear pants and doesn't like short skirts. I have been able to find several maxi dresses and skirts but they are all in patterns. I need navy blue, light blue, khaki, or black solid color maxi skirts or dresses for her and am having no luck finding them. All the uniform skirts and dresses that I have found are short and she wont wear them. She hates pants even more.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't realize that as a mother wanting her child to be comfortable meant that I was raising a brat who requires special treatment. I called the school and they are completely okay with long maxi skirts as long as the skirts are the right colors. Also my DD hates dark blue and black but knows those are the school colors and she has no choice but to wear them. I like that she prefers to dress conservatively and I will encourage it for as long as I can!

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Look on amazon. Have you tried target? I saw maxi dresses there the other day but i can't remember if they had solid colors. I think your best bet is going to be online.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I thought uniforms had to be a certain quality and fabric? 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Does that even fit the school dress code?
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Academy has a pretty extensive line of school uniforms.

SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
There are a couple longer skirts on the french toast website.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Call the school and ask what types of skirts are allowed.  Usually they only allow specific pieces for uniforms...meaning they will only allow THEIR skirts, not any skirt in the right color(s).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this

shes in kindergarten WHO's the one in charge she wears what you give her or she loses things she likes simple fix and you don't need to go crazy shopping uniforms are in place for a reason  so kids don't get teased fro having different cloths 

you are the mother you are the one to teach her she doesn't always get her way in life  and she will some times have to do things she may not like or want to do she may have to keep her room clean as a teen  you may want her to take trash out when shes older what will you do then say ok  honey you don't like that ok fine ill do it for you 

are you trying to raise a lil brat ?

my son hats any kind of cloths thats not soft such as  like sports jersey  soft  hes autistic guess what in kinder he had to wear the cloths his school(charter) sold we had to buy from them they are far from soft 

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you know anyone who can sew?  Or can you find a seamstress?  Maxi skirts are incredibly easy to sew and barely need a pattern ( here's an example of how easy)

If you walk into a fabric store and ask a sales person for names of seamstresses who could sew a few maxi skirts they could probably give you a bunch of names - and by buying your own fabric you can get some that's lightweight for the warm months and some heavier weight ones for the cooler months.  

No idea where to buy any, sorry.  If I can't find it easily I just sew it myself.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)