Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What man is picky about lingerie!??

Posted by   + Show Post
Basically, my dh and I are at Victoria's Secret and they have some left over lingerie on sale. So I'm excited as any woman would be, I start picking out a few pieces that are amazingly in my size and I love and I show them to dh. He starts asking if they have a different color and why does it have to reveal so much? He also starts telling me how he doesn't like lace and he prefers only black and red. Those are great colors but they weren't really an option, the colors available in my size are pink and like a lavender. At this point I'm irritated because I'm thinking, this guy is lucky I'm even considering putting myself in this. I've had a baby and my body to me is gross. I'm not fat its just my stretch marks that really bother me. So what the hell? Why would any guy be picky about lingerie especially if its your wife that has had a child. I was totally turned off and left the store with nothing. I guess he would rather be picky than actually see me in something sexy. Is this normal??
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Oh I see what you mean. I'm sorry. :( have you told him how you feel?

Quoting Peanut0110:

I'm definitely trying not to take it personally but I want to wear something sexy and I want him to like it. It's just he rarely tells me I look good or try to make me feel sexy or hot and it definitely doesn't make me feel good. So when I was trying to pick something out I was getting excited and he just shot everything down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine is very picky. He likes black lingerie. And he's into more of the crotchless fishnet body suits and ball gags type of thing. He doesn't like romantic or sweet looking stuff. Like bustiers that are pastel and frilly. All men are different. Don't take it personally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
There must be a reason why he wanted to be less revealing
bellawomen
by Summer on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM
So you can have your likes but he can't? You need to look harder for something that excites you both. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apgsteenmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Same with mine

Quoting daughteroftruth:

ikd... my dh told me along time ago that he doesnt' care for lingerie.. just rather get straight to the naked part... 

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Mines loves to see me in lingerie. I hate wearing it. He would be thrilled with any effort I made. 

Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I tired but he didn't seem to really understand where I was coming from. I value his opinion and I want him to like it but I just didn't think he would have a list of things he didn't like.  So we pretty much butted heads and didn't get anywhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh I see what you mean. I'm sorry. :( have you told him how you feel?

Quoting Peanut0110:

I'm definitely trying not to take it personally but I want to wear something sexy and I want him to like it. It's just he rarely tells me I look good or try to make me feel sexy or hot and it definitely doesn't make me feel good. So when I was trying to pick something out I was getting excited and he just shot everything down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine is very picky. He likes black lingerie. And he's into more of the crotchless fishnet body suits and ball gags type of thing. He doesn't like romantic or sweet looking stuff. Like bustiers that are pastel and frilly. All men are different. Don't take it personally.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM
My husband definitely cares.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM

My husband thinks I look hot in anything, but he definitely thinks certain styles and colors make me look hotter. 

Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a feeling someone on cafemom would say something like this but it's okay because I know that anyone who hides behind an anonymous button, has something to be more ashamed of than I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

There must be a reason why he wanted to be less revealing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
This is how mine is as well. He just doesn't care for it.

Quoting daughteroftruth:

ikd... my dh told me along time ago that he doesnt' care for lingerie.. just rather get straight to the naked part... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)