Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What man is picky about lingerie!??

Posted by   + Show Post
Basically, my dh and I are at Victoria's Secret and they have some left over lingerie on sale. So I'm excited as any woman would be, I start picking out a few pieces that are amazingly in my size and I love and I show them to dh. He starts asking if they have a different color and why does it have to reveal so much? He also starts telling me how he doesn't like lace and he prefers only black and red. Those are great colors but they weren't really an option, the colors available in my size are pink and like a lavender. At this point I'm irritated because I'm thinking, this guy is lucky I'm even considering putting myself in this. I've had a baby and my body to me is gross. I'm not fat its just my stretch marks that really bother me. So what the hell? Why would any guy be picky about lingerie especially if its your wife that has had a child. I was totally turned off and left the store with nothing. I guess he would rather be picky than actually see me in something sexy. Is this normal??
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM

This I totally understand, I think I'm just havng a hard time finding what he likes. I don't even know what to look for..

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband thinks I look hot in anything, but he definitely thinks certain styles and colors make me look hotter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I don't reveal my SN, even when I post for advices, that's just how I am. You mentioned that you have stretch mark maybe he doesn't want to see it, or maybe he doesnt want to see too much of you! who knows. You get offended so easily, maybe you should just get off cm and go ask him instead.

Quoting Peanut0110:

I had a feeling someone on cafemom would say something like this but it's okay because I know that anyone who hides behind an anonymous button, has something to be more ashamed of than I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

There must be a reason why he wanted to be less revealing

Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I wasn't offended, a comment like yours was expected. Yes, I have stretch marks which aren't very noticeable but I am self-conscious about them. Your making it seem that because I am worried about the way I look that he must think I am disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't reveal my SN, even when I post for advices, that's just how I am. You mentioned that you have stretch mark maybe he doesn't want to see it, or maybe he doesnt want to see too much of you! who knows. You get offended so easily, maybe you should just get off cm and go ask him instead.

Quoting Peanut0110:

I had a feeling someone on cafemom would say something like this but it's okay because I know that anyone who hides behind an anonymous button, has something to be more ashamed of than I do.

Quoting Anonymous:

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
My XH was very picky about lingerie. He preferred me in a wife beater and cute panties. I will never understand.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Omg you're such as baby! You must be a teen mom. You're self conscious and have low self esteem! I said maybe there is a reason why he wanted to be less revealing. It could mean, maybe he wanted to use his imagination, instead of having everything out in the open! For some men they get turn on more when you dont have ur boobs all hanging out, and prefer cleavages instead! Why didn't you think of that! I am done with u teen mom, if you're not! You sure sound like one! No need to reply, I have no time for you!

Quoting Peanut0110:

I wasn't offended, a comment like yours was expected. Yes, I have stretch marks which aren't very noticeable but I am self-conscious about them. Your making it seem that because I am worried about the way I look that he must think I am disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Peanut0110:

Quoting Anonymous:

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting daughteroftruth:

ikd... my dh told me along time ago that he doesnt' care for lingerie.. just rather get straight to the naked part... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
My dh is very picky about lingerie. He likes expensive stuff and knows exactly what suits my body. I'm a lucky girl.
Peanut0110
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM
This is probably the stupidest comment I've ever had on any of my posts...I had a baby and I have stretch marks, I think I'm allowed to feel a little self-conscious about my body. Tons of women feel that way and there are also tons of women who even refuse to let their men see them naked. And while I appreciate your feedback about leaving a little to the imagination I don't appreciate you assuming I am a teen mom. It doesn't matter if your 18 or 32, any person can have low self esteem at any point in their life. And yeah right now I may be acting like a baby but its only because I'm not used to my new body and I'm having trouble coping with the marks that are left.
Your a mom..you should at least have an understanding of what that feels like..

Quoting Anonymous:

LoveMyKBabies
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Haha. Pretty much what my DH says too.

Quoting jteffs:

My husband tells me to pick out whatever I like. He says it all looks the same on the floor next to the bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine, he likes what he likes so I buy what he likes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)