Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What man is picky about lingerie!??

Posted by   + Show Post
Basically, my dh and I are at Victoria's Secret and they have some left over lingerie on sale. So I'm excited as any woman would be, I start picking out a few pieces that are amazingly in my size and I love and I show them to dh. He starts asking if they have a different color and why does it have to reveal so much? He also starts telling me how he doesn't like lace and he prefers only black and red. Those are great colors but they weren't really an option, the colors available in my size are pink and like a lavender. At this point I'm irritated because I'm thinking, this guy is lucky I'm even considering putting myself in this. I've had a baby and my body to me is gross. I'm not fat its just my stretch marks that really bother me. So what the hell? Why would any guy be picky about lingerie especially if its your wife that has had a child. I was totally turned off and left the store with nothing. I guess he would rather be picky than actually see me in something sexy. Is this normal??
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (351-355):
bbkimberly
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
You are so right! Genetics are a bitch...lol

Quoting Peanut0110:

Some women don't get any stretch marks and that's just part of genetics. You either get them or you don't. I used coco butter, coconut butter, olive oil, bio-oil, vitamin E oil. Yeah nothing worked. You can't stop them. It's in my genes, my mother got them. I have very fair skin and I am a red head so it took awhile for my stretch marks to calm down. They aren't purple or red anymore. There not even white, they faded into my skin but if you get close you can see them and if you run your hand across my belly you will feel them

Quoting christinajoy864:

Coco butter really helped me I don't have any I work out all the time to feel good about me I had low self - esteem to right after I had a baby so I changed :D as for lingerie me and my husband like the same kind lol but he loves most when I wear a tshirt panties and my heels ask him what he would like to see and then see how it fits in with what you like

Mommyzlovez
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I completely feel where your coming from and fully understand, I dont feel sexy at all or even in the mood and at times dont want to be touched at all, its a total mental thing and those can be the hardest to tackel.

Quoting Peanut0110:

Yeah all I see in my body are imperferctions and I know my dh thinks its ridiculous. It's just hard to see what he sees. Sometimes I feel like, "what if he is lying to me?" It sounds nuts I know lol but it's always in the back of mind. Plus, after my son I kind of feel awkward looking sexy, like I am a mom and I can't be sexy ( I know this is not true) lol. I want to try and feel sexy so I guess I kinda of took it personal when he was voicing his opinion on the lingerie.

Quoting Mommyzlovez:

Also men do NOT think like us at all, he may not see your body as you do in fact I am sure he doesnt, I feel the SAME way about mine and my hubby thinks im nuts when it comes to that, all I see is the imperfections all he sees is boobs,hips, butt and thighs lol. So I am sure he was ONLY thinking with his "special"brain and not his actual one not meaning to hurt your feelings as he did HUGS momma face it he thinks your hot!

artistic_kitty
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I'm sure if you would have been on your own and just bought it and wore it he'd love it. But you asked his opinion and he gave an honest answer. You can't really fault him for that. My guy has his personal preferences, but he'd never put me down for getting something I really wanted.

maidjillian
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

None of his damn business what kind of underwear you want to wear.  end of story.  If prefers red and black and prefer satin over lace, by all means he is more than welcome to wear that kind himself!

shaiorta
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

LOL!!! Funny

Quoting Anonymous:

Most def not my man! He loves him some lingerie !

Shai-Happy mom to Emi Angie and Baby 'Bells

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured