Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What man is picky about lingerie!??

Posted by   + Show Post
Basically, my dh and I are at Victoria's Secret and they have some left over lingerie on sale. So I'm excited as any woman would be, I start picking out a few pieces that are amazingly in my size and I love and I show them to dh. He starts asking if they have a different color and why does it have to reveal so much? He also starts telling me how he doesn't like lace and he prefers only black and red. Those are great colors but they weren't really an option, the colors available in my size are pink and like a lavender. At this point I'm irritated because I'm thinking, this guy is lucky I'm even considering putting myself in this. I've had a baby and my body to me is gross. I'm not fat its just my stretch marks that really bother me. So what the hell? Why would any guy be picky about lingerie especially if its your wife that has had a child. I was totally turned off and left the store with nothing. I guess he would rather be picky than actually see me in something sexy. Is this normal??
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM

umm mine would be can you try on and show me !

hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Omg that girl was dumb as hell. I'm sure you aren't nasty or your Dh wants you covered at all. Mine never asks about lingerie, he will gladly take anything , but I never wear it, to me, what's the point? Maybe he was trying to be involved in shopping with you by caring about color.? I think your brave though! I couldn't buy anything like that with my man! Awkward for me!

Quoting Peanut0110:

This is probably the stupidest comment I've ever had on any of my posts...I had a baby and I have stretch marks, I think I'm allowed to feel a little self-conscious about my body. Tons of women feel that way and there are also tons of women who even refuse to let their men see them naked. And while I appreciate your feedback about leaving a little to the imagination I don't appreciate you assuming I am a teen mom. It doesn't matter if your 18 or 32, any person can have low self esteem at any point in their life. And yeah right now I may be acting like a baby but its only because I'm not used to my new body and I'm having trouble coping with the marks that are left.

Your a mom..you should at least have an understanding of what that feels like..

Quoting Anonymous:

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I think there's a difference between showing up in the bedroom with it on and him shopping with you. I'm sure if you walked through the door he'd live it. But since he's with you picking it out he's being more picky. And he's not thinking about your insecurities or what you think is flawed. He's only thinking about you in that certain outfit.
V.Dubbya
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:37 AM
My dh isn't picky but he does have preferences
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:57 AM
I don't think that's normal. My husband thinks that I am sexy. And anything I wear just adds to that. Doesn't matter if its his ideal lingerie or granny panties. They all end up on the floor anyway lol
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Omg my husband isn't into it at all! He told me he would laugh if he ever saw me wearing something like that, so of course I'm never going to even try now. I thought he was the only one...
liels898
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh, would I put up with someone that wanted to have the final say on what I wear lingerie wise, no. That's controlling and just being a general douchebag. Would I mind if my partner felt they could be open with me and say what they like seeing, what turns them on, in relation to what I wear... nope. I think there's a line there, don't control what I put on my body but please tell me what you'd like to see on my body and maybe I'll surprise you with that at some point. Same goes for my partner though, I'd never tell them what to wear but there are just some things that kinda take you back when you see it on the person you're with. They just add something to the experience and I'd want to be with someone that would keep my likes in mind and hopefully show that off for me at some point. 

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Mine prefers expensive stuff and has very specific tastes so he buys it for me. Always fits perfect and I let him buy most of my bra and panties sets too. Some men have certain tastes. If you didn't want his opinion why did you bother asking? SMH
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Men think and say things differently to us. I am sure you could wear it and he would still be happy. Did you specifically ask his preference? 

Because I read a very interesting article about how men and woman think differently and how a man can say something and not mean to offend but it will offend the woman and the guy is left thinking what the hell is going on? I know when i say it it sounds confusing but this article was really good... hmmm I shall try to find it. 

found it! read this

http://raysweb.net/poems/articles/tannen.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM

My DH is a bit strange and wants me to tell him what to wear. He thinks its a sign of caring..

Quoting liels898:

Meh, would I put up with someone that wanted to have the final say on what I wear lingerie wise, no. That's controlling and just being a general douchebag. Would I mind if my partner felt they could be open with me and say what they like seeing, what turns them on, in relation to what I wear... nope. I think there's a line there, don't control what I put on my body but please tell me what you'd like to see on my body and maybe I'll surprise you with that at some point. Same goes for my partner though, I'd never tell them what to wear but there are just some things that kinda take you back when you see it on the person you're with. They just add something to the experience and I'd want to be with someone that would keep my likes in mind and hopefully show that off for me at some point. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN