Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will be so glad when..

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

My mil is a very nice person, she is also our babysitter. But.. I am getting sick of her! She does help us out (we pay her) She does our dishes, picks up our house, folds clothes.. ect. But she sucks at babysitting, lately she sits in front of the computer playing on facebook, or watches her shows. She complains there is no food to feed the kids. LIE! Just cook something, mac and cheese, vegs, chicken..ect. She wants to give them spaghettios daily.  She is now complaining my 4 yr don't have clothes to wear. HUH? Are you f8cking serious?! Her closet is packed full, mil is just to lazy to get her dressed so I come home to her in her jammies. She picks up our house like I said but my kids NEVER go outside because she doesn't like the sun and don't want to be hot. My bedroom (which has a door to outside) looks in our yard she can sit on my bed leave door open and watch tv while they play. She also likes to move things around to were she wants them. Like my cordless phone was upstairs and she decided it would be better upstairs so she moved the unit. I want it in my room for night time!. She is driving me bonkers! Yes I love her, she is great with helping us (pay her $85 a week for 4 days) but I can't wait until she doesn't have to come here daily :) '

What does your mil do that drives you bonkers? NOT hate stories though :)frustrated

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ajrjj05
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM

better downstairs, the phone *

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, you would pay FAR more than $85 a week at a licensed child care program

ajrjj05
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

yup I know. I bite my tongue.. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, you would pay FAR more than $85 a week at a licensed child care program

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the latest thing was fairly recent. I'm preggo with our second child and it will be her 18 grandchild. My dh is one of 8, and most of his siblings are done having kids. There is one other brother that maybe would if he got married again so for all intents and purposes this is the last grandchild. My dd is the youngest currently and she's 6.5. My mil has knit stockings for all of her kids (when they were growing up) and all of the grandchildren as well as her daughter in laws. So dh has his stocking, I have mine and dd has hers. They all have our names on them and their very cute. Well a few years ago when the first couple great grandchildren started coming on the scene (my dh and I are 11 years apart and my mil had 8 kids in 12 years--she's crazy I know, so anyway I have nieces that are a year younger than me) she said she would not be knitting stockings for the great grandkids.

So a few weekends ago we were talking and I said, so mom are you up for making one more stocking? As a joke and she dead serious says, "oh I quit making them I'm not making any more." Now she is older she just hit 75 a few years ago, but for example she knit dd a huge sweater just two years ago so she's capable and it's not like I expected the baby to come in October and the stocking to be ready Dec 1. So dh says to her, but mom you said you were done for the great grandkids, but this will be your grandchild. She says nope, I'm done maybe you can get sil to make it, I gave her all the stuff. Well dh sort of got really upset and we left.  He said if she couldn't do another one we'd just give her all the stockings back.

So dh's only sister says she'll get their mom to make one. So that pacifies dh somewhat. Well then my bil (dh's youngest brother) calls and his mom told him everything and she tell him she's not making anymore. So she's just starting stuff. This woman is just crazy. She's the most unloving grandmother in the world. She hates babies and yet she had 8 kids. She literally lives an hour away and visited dd once in the first year, we went to her all the other times. When she came for that one visit, she held dd for a few minutes (think long enough to take pics) and then left after 20 minutes. Sometimes I just don't get her. And it's really hard to piss off my dh, he hardly gets upset over anything and this really upset him. ERrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My MIL drives me crazy about feeding my baby. She lives 1000 miles away, but me and my 1-year-old daughter just went to visit her a few weeks ago. She wants to overfeed my baby by at least a full serving. She says, "Anytime my kids opened their mouths, I shoved food in it,"...yes, lady, I know because I live with one of your kids and he eats a "pre-dinner."

But, other than her trying to pack 25 lbs on my daughter, I love her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN