Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My own WIC post

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 226 Replies
9 moms liked this
I know it's been beat to death I know and I'm sorry.

I didnt wanna start this to cause fighting and name calling so please remember to act like adults.

Anyway, reading another post a woman said she and Dh both worked had a baby and were pregnant again. She was wondering if after both of them having a job, would WIC be a good idea.

And someone told her more or less she was a government leech and sucking down tax payers money.

Which blows my.mind since they are working they pay taxes that provide others the ability to have WIC.
So their own tax money can't pay for them to have WIC?

I am a stay at home mom and yea I have had Medicaid and food stamps and am currently on WIC since I'm pretty much in the same boat as this family.

My Dh and I were talking the other night about how hateful.cafemom could be about assistant programs. His response was shit comes up. I work and bust my ass every day. To pay the taxes that feed government programs. Damn right I pay my fair share and I don't give a shit what anyone says i pay taxes so that shit is there for MY FAMILY if we need it .

So what gives? Why hate on working people who still need a little help?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't hate on anyone. But, if two people are working and still can't make ends meet, I want to know if they have a plan in order to either get a better job, further their education in order to eventually increase their income or lower their expenses? Assistance is supposed to be temporary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
8 moms liked this

The only people who complain about these programs are people who tried and dont qualify for them. There are so many women who work more than one job to provide for their family and still need help.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I work and I get wic. Idc who dislikes it.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
What people fail to realize is our economy isn't set up to have everyone doing well. It just isn't.

Furthermore, I don't worry about government programs. Our government will waste money somewhere, if its for "lazy" people. Oh well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

*waits for someone to bring up EIC*

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Agreed.

We had a good plan worked out when we bought my.moms place. Then the week we moved in a horrible hail storm hit. We had yet to get insurance. Ugh

Then find out the next month I was pregnant totally unexpected.
Shit happens.
Dh has a great job doing something he will always be able to do. Great insurance. It's steady and the longer he is there the better it treats him he will probably never get a different job. It's just about being patient with this one till he's a crew chief.

As for me, i am beyond ready to get in school. I want to be a.social worker. But I feel for now, for my family, what's best is being home. I don't mind putting everything on hold till I.feel my kids are ok without me being a stay.at home mom.

We have a plan, it's coming together slowly and we have been thrown a few loops but we are loved, have.a house that's paid for. And thanks to a lil WIC plenty of milk lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't hate on anyone. But, if two people are working and still can't make ends meet, I want to know if they have a plan in order to either get a better job, further their education in order to eventually increase their income or lower their expenses? Assistance is supposed to be temporary.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this

because they arent working hard enough. Everyone on PA should work 3+ jobs, let their marriage fall apart, and never see their kids so they dont need Wic or food stamps....DUHHHH

obvious sarcasm 

i totally agree with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
10 moms liked this
If you can't afford to be a SAHM without welfare you need to get a job. You don't have a job, the lady you referenced does. Your situations are nowhere similar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

i didnt see the other post but it sticks out they had two babies when they couldnt afford the first    it sticks out your dh isnt busting his ass that much if ur on medicaid,food stamps, and wic, and u need a job ,sorry

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Earned income credit?

I don't know much about taxes, though the money some families get back is at the end of the year, after they struggle all year long when taxes come out.

I know my family, personally, use our income taxes for.clothes, birthdays, big expenses like new glasses or tires things we normally would have.to save up for a while for.

Quoting Anonymous:

*waits for someone to bring up EIC*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)