Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I know it's been beat to death I know and I'm sorry.

I didnt wanna start this to cause fighting and name calling so please remember to act like adults.

Anyway, reading another post a woman said she and Dh both worked had a baby and were pregnant again. She was wondering if after both of them having a job, would WIC be a good idea.

And someone told her more or less she was a government leech and sucking down tax payers money.

Which blows my.mind since they are working they pay taxes that provide others the ability to have WIC.
So their own tax money can't pay for them to have WIC?

I am a stay at home mom and yea I have had Medicaid and food stamps and am currently on WIC since I'm pretty much in the same boat as this family.

My Dh and I were talking the other night about how hateful.cafemom could be about assistant programs. His response was shit comes up. I work and bust my ass every day. To pay the taxes that feed government programs. Damn right I pay my fair share and I don't give a shit what anyone says i pay taxes so that shit is there for MY FAMILY if we need it .

So what gives? Why hate on working people who still need a little help?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (221-226):
dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i could say so many things to you..But I wont. I'm a grown ass woman. this is my profile. you are hidden. you are pity. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm.. did you graduate first grade?? With your grammatical errors I wonder if you are over the age of seven -_- No wonder you weren't able to get a degree

Quoting dancingthrulife:

we get wic...we love the new inprovment they made..we get chesse casue i nurse..this is my last month getting it. they pay for it for th elast year,,my baby will be one on the 31 of this month..;[ but we also love the fruit hecks we get. we get fs too.. but we run out toward end of month..having fruit veggies is imporant..im not a fan of cow milk as i get the runs from it..but I <3 the program...my dh work full time. this is his 4th season w boating wearhouse. he will laid off in sept. he is in school and has a few more classes and he will done w his BA. i have tired and not been able to get my degree. but my dh makes me sooo pride. ht oes other work being the fall/winter. we are hoping for a good job for him after he gets done..yes ppl get help if you need. ;] i've worked and paid taxes too. i pay taxes when i buy gas..dont you??

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 10 months old. ~~~~~
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

that's exactly the attitude I'm talking about 

I have not collected any pa either, that doesn't mean I think I could never be in that situation. 

There, but by the grace of God, go I

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

the people who hate on the ones on pa are the ones who will one day find themselves in need

it's the way it works, I"ve seen it happen time and time again..

they either step down off their high horse or life will knock them down......

No one in my family had ever needed or qualified for assistance. Guess it's the people you hang with.....

Tough to collect when you have actual assets....

lenalynx
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:07 AM

A family of 6 can make over 50k a year and still qualify for WIC, here at least. We qualify but only got it while I was pregnant. No FS either, my oldest kids are on medicaid bc their father is disabled. My youngest 2 are on my df's insurance, but the state offers a supplemental insurance to help with really high co-pays. We only used it the once because one of them needed a lot of dental work and we couldn't cover  part of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Didn't you buy your kids tablets for Christmas? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:27 AM

People go off like children seeing another kid with a different toy. It doesn't matter that it's a dirty used water bottle and they have a shiny new doll; they are throwing a fit because the other child, after going through a humiliating trial and being teased constantly for their toy, was just given it when they had to spend their chore money on their toy. Because 'outrage' is all the rage.

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.” ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

that's exactly the attitude I'm talking about 

I have not collected any pa either, that doesn't mean I think I could never be in that situation. 

There, but by the grace of God, go I

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

the people who hate on the ones on pa are the ones who will one day find themselves in need

it's the way it works, I"ve seen it happen time and time again..

they either step down off their high horse or life will knock them down......

No one in my family had ever needed or qualified for assistance. Guess it's the people you hang with.....

Tough to collect when you have actual assets....

But I really never could be in that situation. Unless i somehow tried.  I would have to somehow not get my pension-even at the current 50% rate that I qualify for NOW-I wouldn't be able to get assistance.    I would have to spend all of my savings and sell 3 cars. Still wouldn't qualify.  So no, I can't ever get assistance.

And my pension is a Government pension-so if it goes, there won't be any assistance left!

Let's take my parents, because that one is a done deal. They both had degrees-neither was ever unemployed. When my Dad lost his job at the age of 62, HE GOT another one!  Imagine that-he used his connections, used his resources, and got another job-one TOTALLY outside of his past employment for the prior 30 plus years.

With the combination of their pensions and SS they make way way way over the amount to qualify for PA. It's not about God's Grace, it's about hard work and sacrifice-and sometimes even insurance!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)