Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nothing wrong tha AC MY A**!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

It's almost 8pm and this is the temp of my house. It is hot and muggy as hell and the heat is making my 6 year old SICK. Its so humid! I rent my home...and I pay $550/month....I never miss a payment or anything. I have told my landlords about this issue numerous times and STILL they refuse to fix it.

The landlord claims that since it is blowing out semi cold air...its working fine. Obviously wrong. We hardly use any electricity suring the summer except the air. We normally keep it set to 75... because its cool enough for us and it doesnt run our bill up. I just got our new bill and it is the highest it has EVER BEEN.

I don't know what to do. The landlord refuses to fix it, but for as much as we pay to rent this place...I should have a working AC unit. It's his responsability to fix it...and I can't afford to fix it on my own! I am so aggravated and we ALL are getting tired of being hot and sweaty all day!

Note: I will add a pic in the comments...just to show you all what I have to keep my air set to....to keep it in the 80's and not higher. And before anyone says anything...$550 is a LOT to pay for rent in our area.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Did he send a guy out there?Or he looked himself?

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

No wonder it won't cool off the house. You've probably froze up the evaporator coils. Turn the damn thing off overnight.

Quoting Anonymous:

rileysmommy229
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yikes, why is it set on 50 degrees?

HairClipQueen
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I hope you get some cool air soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM
He put his foot over the vent...felt some semi cold air come out and said "It's working fine." and left.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

That sucks :(

84 degrees is a perfect temperature for me, but my baby and SO don't agree.  I grew up with my dad setting the ac at 85 during the summer so "at least it's cooler than outside" so I got used to it.

That's no good that the landlord won't fix it :( I guess fans are the next best thing :(

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You probably froze it smarty.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Oh geez. Our tenants said the AC wasn't working (we have always had trouble when we lived there) and we had a repair guy there that evening. Cost $1000 : / but we had no choice. Keep complaining.

Quoting Anonymous:

He put his foot over the vent...felt some semi cold air come out and said "It's working fine." and left.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Nothing is frozen. And we normally keep it off at night and open the windows.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

No wonder it won't cool off the house. You've probably froze up the evaporator coils. Turn the damn thing off overnight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured