Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you EXPECT inheritance money? Help settle a debate.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Help me settle a debate.....

If your grandparents passed away and left money to your family, by way of your parents, would you expect to be given a portion of that money? So as a grandchild there was no amount left to you specifically.

Example.....your grandmother passes away (grandfather died years ago) she leaves a total of approximately $800k. In her will it states all monies will be divided equally between her children for them and their families. The grandmother has 4 children, one of which is your father. Would you expect your father to divide some of the $200k between you and your siblings?

Hey I made front page!! I should debate with my friend more often!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
starlight91
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldnt expect it, in fact when my grandfather died, that actually happened , although there wasnt that much money, my dad recieved $5,000, he on his own decided to give myself and my sister $1000 each from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No my patents need it more than I do
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

no.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Nope. If it wasn't willed directly to me then it's not mine and I wouldn't expect anything
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I would think that when they pass they would leave it to whom they wish which would probably be the children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
This is my argument. She (a friend of mine) says since money is left to the grandmothers kids (aka her father) and their families some of it should be given to the grandchildren.

Quoting IWantOneMorePlz:

No, grandma left that money to dad.  Dad can spend or divide that money as he wants.  

cshepard
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
No I wouldn't expect them to give me anything tho I know if it was a large amount my dad would give some to my brothers and I. My moms parents have already passed.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Not necessarily if he did it would be nice but ultimately it was left to him and is his money not mine.  Money is the route to all evil and all inheritances do is divide families.  I hope NEVER to ever have one and I will never leave one either.

hddcooper
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Nope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN