Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is she bulimic? Update.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Every time after DD eats she pukes. No diet changes, no fevers, no exposure to any known illnesses. 

She acts like she's starving to death and eats so fast, then about 15 minutes later she is throwing up almost everything she has ate.

I don't know if she has an eating disorder or if its from her eating entirely too fast. I've pleaded with her to slow down and take her time eating, but she's ADHD and slowing down anything is practically impossible.

I'm worried about her health, and with her appt being on the 29th it seems like forever away.

Any advice or experience with something like this?

Update:

This morning I gave her smaller portions and sat down with her and practically had to feed her myself to get her to slow down. It worked, she kept breakfast down. Lunch was the same thing, but she did throw up SOME. Not a lot like she has been doing though, so I think that's helping. I'm giving her reeeeeeeeeeeally small portions at each sitting and if she asks for more I give her another small portion. The doctor's office called around and got her in for another doctor two towns over for later this week. I managed to talk to their nurse and she encouraged me to keep this up till the appt and to make sure she's still getting fluids to make up for what she's not able to keep down. They told me I could keep giving her the zofran if I felt like it was helping and stay on a bland diet as well. Thanks ladies for the advice I really appreciate it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-37):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM

It may have started out as a virus that keeps triggering vomiting (DS1 does this frequently).  Hiatal hernia, acid reflux.

I would call to get her in sooner than later if you can.

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM

She's probably just eating too fast

You should give her several small portions instead of one big plate...like 2 or 3 bites...let her finish that then give her more...see if that helps?

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM

The cough thing is tipping me off to indigestion. She is eating way too fast, probably swallowing a lot of air, and probably over eating as well. The acid burn in her throat is gagging her and then she is sick. Give her an antacid, keep her on a kind of bland diet, and seriously try feeding her a tiny bit at a time and forcing her to eat slower and chew more thoroughly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM

First off NONE of us are doctors here but we can give you our 2 cents worth of advice or knowledge. =)

I say NO she is NOT a Bulimic. You say in your post that she has ADHD right?, well my friends 8 year old does the same as your daughter is doing, and he is NOT Bulimic. He is just scarfing food down without hardly chewing it and his food too comes right back up, Also (and I AM NOT calling your child a dog), but, animals have some of the same tendencies as human (YES it's TRUE)

I have 6 dogs all of whom are healthy, the ONE dog whom eat's her food fast like my friends child and your daughter the Vet says she vomits it back up from eating way to fast and that's why she vomits not long after eating.

I say still talk to her and keep the doctor appt you have but I highly doubt the doc will diagnose your ADHD child with Bulimia.

Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I did NOT see anything in the post that says her DD is coughing??? I do not read others replies so I may have missed that ? =)

Quoting Leissaintexas:

The cough thing is tipping me off to indigestion. She is eating way too fast, probably swallowing a lot of air, and probably over eating as well. The acid burn in her throat is gagging her and then she is sick. Give her an antacid, keep her on a kind of bland diet, and seriously try feeding her a tiny bit at a time and forcing her to eat slower and chew more thoroughly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

It wasn't in the OP. A PP asked about what was going on right before she started throwing up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did NOT see anything in the post that says her DD is coughing??? I do not read others replies so I may have missed that ? =)

Quoting Leissaintexas:

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Glad she's keeping it down.
Glad we could help add well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN