Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

coconut oil and apple cider vinegar = lice killer?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I don't have lice but someone posted this on Facebook and I am curious to see if it really works
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
No ide a but if it has coconut oil its awesome lol I swear that stuff is good for everything!
DeeMD82
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM

My 2 stepkids came home a couple of times from their mother house so we tried mayo and wrapped plastic around their heads.  That worked pretty well, we also did baby oil and that worked too.  I guess anything oil based works because it smothers the lice.  We finished with lice shampoo when we were sure that the lice was gone just to make sure that they were gone but we couldn't really see buying 20 boxes of it because the stuff is expensive.

eta:  I should say wrapped plastic around their hair not their heads.  That makes it sound like it was all the way around.  We bought shower caps but even the smallest were too big.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I don't have lice but someone posted this on Facebook and I wanted to know if it really worked

Quoting DeeMD82:

My 2 stepkids came home a couple of times from their mother house so we tried mayo and wrapped plastic around their heads.  That worked pretty well, we also did baby oil and that worked too.  I guess anything oil based works because it smothers the lice.  We finished with lice shampoo when we were sure that the lice was gone just to make sure that they were gone but we couldn't really see buying 20 boxes of it because the stuff is expensive.

eta:  I should say wrapped plastic around their hair not their heads.  That makes it sound like it was all the way around.  We bought shower caps but even the smallest were too big.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I doubt it....

mamasaurusRex
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I tried that and every other nontoxic remedy I could find online and through the grapevine 16 months ago. Nothing but a box of chemicals and mind numbing nit combing got rid of them.

I do not wish lice on my worst enemy.
firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Olive oil!
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
When I was a young child I had it really bad
I am dreading it

Quoting mamasaurusRex:

I tried that and every other nontoxic remedy I could find online and through the grapevine 16 months ago. Nothing but a box of chemicals and mind numbing nit combing got rid of them.

mamasaurusRex
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM
My youngest daughter was in 5th grade, almost done, and I thought I had sideswiped them forever. We got them during the class trip to DC. Worst souvenir ever.

Quoting silverdawn99:

When I was a young child I had it really bad

I am dreading it

Quoting mamasaurusRex:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)