Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my heart is so torn

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

i cant get over my ex... he's a jackass, a deadbeat.. i mean, you think of the worst deadbeat dad in the world- and you got him.

didnt care about the pregnancy- check

didnt go to the birth- check

didnt/doesnt pay CS- check.

said that he wished me and the kid dead- check. (said when he was high... says he regrets ever saying that)

regrets having me as a 'baby momma'- check (only when he's mad though... when he's happy, he says he's lucky that i'm raising one of his kids)

oh yea- multiple kids with multiple women- check

drugs, drinking and driving, over dosing, attempted suicide... been to court MULTIPLE TIMES- check, check, check.

went to jail, went to rehab, went to prison- check.

you name it, he probably did it.

so WHY does my heart beat a little faster when i think about him? or get a call from him? when i'm around him, i just melt. dont get me wrong- i'm not a push over. when i'm pissed, he knows it and hears about it. when he did something wrong- i'll be the first to tell him and i dont sugarcoat shit.

my heart says; be with him, you love him... but it's also saying, you're horrible for even flirting with the idea. you dont deserve your kid if you get back with him!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Did you get dropped on your head too many times as an infant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Your heart will get you in trouble. Listen to your head. You know what's right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

You're sick and you need help....

Nanamom127
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM

You're selling yourself very short if you desire a man who will treat you badly. Your self esteem must be very low. 

I suggest you talk to a therapist. I'm not being snarky---I have a good one, and she helps me a lot. 

hggmommy87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

you cant help you love but for the sake of you and your child do the smart thing and keep your distance:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM

i've been in fist fights constantly until i was 16 years old... then from about 19-22, more physical fights... does that count?

Quoting Miller0305:

Did you get dropped on your head too many times as an infant?

Mama110981
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Clearly we share the same ex. And obv my same train of thought
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Amen to that.

Quoting motherslove82:

You're heart will get you in trouble. Listen to your head. You know what's right.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Quoting hggmommy87:

you cant help you love but for the sake of you and your child do the smart thing and keep your distance:)

how am i supposed to move on then? it's been 8 years... two relationships between that time (one lasted for 4 years)... distance, time, not talking.. none of it worked. 

the newest wrench thrown into the mix- we're gonna be around each other 5 days a week, for at least 5 hours a day.... i babysit his niece, who lives with his parents.. and thats where he'll be living too. i also help his dad with work around the house whenever its needed and i dont want to stop doing that just because he's there.. i did speak with them both about it; but i dont want to disrespect them just because i cant control myself around him... if that makes sense.

tiniowien
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Your brain knows to stay away, listen. I still have an ex I care about as well 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)