Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reasons for Marriage??

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 87 Replies

I was sitting here thinking about how high the divorce rate is in most Western countries etc, then started thinking I wonder what the divorce rate is for couples who either soley or mainly married for Love.............I realize all marriages can fail even those that started in love.

So I guess my question is what was your main reason for marrying your husband or ex-husband???? and if your not married whats important to you when considering marriage what would be your main motivation?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunnybunny2001
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
2 moms liked this
I married my husband because I love him and couldn't imagine my life without him
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
2 moms liked this
I married for love. He is the person I want to spend life with, even on my bad days. Even on his bad days lol
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I guess I would say my main reason was that I am very traditional. I made sure to tie the knot before we started trying for a family. However, my main reason for wanting that legal contract signed was for financial protection (for myself and the children we would be having.)
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I married my xhusband because I loved him.

I maried my current husband to have a partner in life, to pool resources, to have someone to coparent with, lots of sex, etc. I want to be there for him too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I married my ex husband because I was 19, pregnant and scared.  That was his intention, of course, to get me pregnant so I would marry him.  He actually said that to me; that it was his way of asking me to marry him.  I was 23 when I left him and 25 when the divorce finally went through, with 2 kids.  I'm extremely hesitant about ever marrying again, mainly because he felt the moment he married me, he owned me.  He'd beat me, rape me and use me.  It was 4 years of hell. 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Married for love. I got pregnant at 15 so I could marry him when my parents were determined to keep us apart. We will celebrate 28 years in September. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Love, financial security etc.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

for love. it was the next big adventure.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
Master_Debater
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

love, that was the only way I'd ever get married.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Do you feel like you were in love with your DH though before you married? and if not would you say you are now?

Quoting LaughCryLive:

I married my xhusband because I loved him.

I maried my current husband to have a partner in life, to pool resources, to have someone to coparent with, lots of sex, etc. I want to be there for him too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)