Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Normal cramping?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Do you cramp just before your period, only the beginning of it or the whole time?  I seem to cramp for a few days during but when I cramp I know Im going to have problems very soon and need to get to the bathroom.

IDK if its because Im using the nuva ring and it takes 4 days once its out for AF to start.  So yeah my periods are short(once I put a ring in they slow way down immediately and stop the next day or two) but they are the first heavy days and it just seems so bad. Plus I cant wear tampons.  So whenever I clot I can just FEEL it and have to run to the bathroom.  Is that normal?  Do you know/feel you have passed a clot?  They arent HUGE like that crazy big one posted the other day but they are the size/shape of big sucker fish.  I cant go to my mom on anything because she takes your problem and makes it her own but 20 times worse and my sis is younger than me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
want10more
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM

i cramp and clot. badly. yes i can feel the clots passing. i bleed TOO much and clot TOOOO much but the ring didn't affect it. since i'm old i can have a hysterectomy now. (i've passed clots around tampons) tell ur dr. but probably you're ok, just know you gotta wear huge pads during that time.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I cramp on and off about a week before my period, never had that issue until the mirena. I am so happy that thing is gone, but some of the symptoms are still there. I can tell sometimes when a clot has passed.

When my periods use to be real bad as a teen, I got cramps real bad when I would clot and I would get clots all the time. I finally got put on medication to help my period and it did, don't remember what now, it's been almost 10 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Quoting want10more:

i cramp and clot. badly. yes i can feel the clots passing. i bleed TOO much and clot TOOOO much but the ring didn't affect it. since i'm old i can have a hysterectomy now. (i've passed clots around tampons) tell ur dr. but probably you're ok, just know you gotta wear huge pads during that time.

Thats why I cant wear tampons :(  The clots just find their way past it  and I would have to try and change my tampon before it was ready to be changed.  So then it would pull really bad as it came out because it was dry.  Thats also why I said when I start to cramp I have to go potty because I KNOW a clot is going to be coming soon and they are big enough that I have to get to the potty so it can drop in. I know this is yuckie but I dont really have any one else to go to.

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:14 AM

I used to have terrible cramps before I had my DD, but now I dont cramp at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM
I'm the same way. I hate it. Two days when I'm on my period I can't leave the house because once I feel a clot passing I need to run to the bathroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 AM

When I was younger 14-15 I went to a Dr and he said it wasnt normal to cramp days after your period had started.  He put me on sarafem(sp?) but it was for pmdd.  I dont even know WHY but my mom agreed.  With having our children and nursing my period has been MIA for quite some time and has only been back for 7-8 month now.  I dont remember what was "normal" for me before all this.  Plus our 3 LOs were CS so I dont know if thats making it worse. :(

Quoting armywife009:

I cramp on and off about a week before my period, never had that issue until the mirena. I am so happy that thing is gone, but some of the symptoms are still there. I can tell sometimes when a clot has passed.

When my periods use to be real bad as a teen, I got cramps real bad when I would clot and I would get clots all the time. I finally got put on medication to help my period and it did, don't remember what now, it's been almost 10 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the same way. I hate it. Two days when I'm on my period I can't leave the house because once I feel a clot passing I need to run to the bathroom.

So its not just me!  I feel dumb going potty ALL the time just to let it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I thought it was just ke too! Nobody in my family has had this happen, so I thought I had something wrong with me ( which I probably do but haven't gone to figure out what it is)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So its not just me!  I feel dumb going potty ALL the time just to let it happen.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM

:( Your periods do change after pregnancy, whether you had cs or vb. I really hope you can get some answers.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I was younger 14-15 I went to a Dr and he said it wasnt normal to cramp days after your period had started.  He put me on sarafem(sp?) but it was for pmdd.  I dont even know WHY but my mom agreed.  With having our children and nursing my period has been MIA for quite some time and has only been back for 7-8 month now.  I dont remember what was "normal" for me before all this.  Plus our 3 LOs were CS so I dont know if thats making it worse. :(

Quoting armywife009:

kagegirl
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I didn't USE to pass clots, but I have been lately. Although, I am preggo for the third time in as many years, so that may have something to do with when I DO have periods, I am clotting. But I DO cramp like a bitch all through my period. The whole damn time. Like, doubled over, omg, please let me rip out my uterus and stomp on it cramping. Doctors can't figure out why. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)