Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't you give MY choices the same respect?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Why is it a great thing that gays are allowed to be married, but if a male/female couple decide they don't want to marry, they are immoral? Why can't OUR choice be respected? Our dd is happy. I'm happy. SO is happy. So why can't the world be happy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Why is it immoral for you to not be married? If unmarried people with kids are immoral, then I'm afraid we're all doomed!!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I wasn't aware that this is such a big issue and if you are happy, it really isn't an issue.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Yeah I really don't care what anyone else does
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't speak up unless I am directly asked. You asked so I am speaking up. I think gay couples should absolutely have the rightto marry. I am big on marriage and I think couples with kids should marry. I think it is a better environment for the kid to be in a stable home. Marriage makes things harder to walk away and give it all up. I think it is important to stand before the law, family, friends and God (if you believe) and make that commitment. This is just my opinion. I know more than half of marriages end in divorce but I am still a big believer in it.

AllaB
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

"Morality" is an invention of society...same as hoolahoop. You dont have to own either.

metalmomma86
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Slight difference. If you and SO WANT to get married, you can.
Gay couples just want to be able to have that right.

That being said, If you are happy, who gives a flying fuck what other people say/think? The most important thing is that your dd has 2 loving parents.
illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know society was pressuring you to marry.

You have CafeMom's blessing to date your boyfriend as long as you like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Because the norm and natural is rejected in today disgusting, wayward society.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Our dd(5) is living in a stable environment. Her dad and mom have been together for ten years.

Quoting 4kids4tara:

I don't speak up unless I am directly asked. You asked so I am speaking up. I think gay couples should absolutely have the rightto marry. I am big on marriage and I think couples with kids should marry. I think it is a better environment for the kid to be in a stable home. Marriage makes things harder to walk away and give it all up. I think it is important to stand before the law, family, friends and God (if you believe) and make that commitment. This is just my opinion. I know more than half of marriages end in divorce but I am still a big believer in it.

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

That's great. I'm not going to argue, my opinion was asked so I gave it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our dd(5) is living in a stable environment. Her dad and mom have been together for ten years.

Quoting 4kids4tara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN