Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM *not a bashing post*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies
I am a sahm and have been for a few years now. I cook, clean, run all the errands and of course take care of my two boys. Although I love to cook there's days I dread doing it. I want a break from it one in awhile. Especially when its in the higher 90's outside.

Now to my question. Is it wrong that I don't want to cook some days? Does it make me a bad parent or gf? Or is it something I have to do because I am a mother and I have a family?

My bf always argues with me about it saying to suck it up because I'm a mom and I have to do it. Yes I know my bf is an asshole and he knows it as well so spare the lectures and trash talking.

ETA: Let me correct myself. When I say argue its more like a debate. His views are different and old school. he thinks every womans job is to cook clean and take care of the children. What he doesn't like is that I'm the total opposite. I don't think its all on the woman but 50/50.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
BuBump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM

SAHMs are moochers and need to get off their asses and go out an get a job. Also, you shouldn't be a SAHM off of some sometimey relationship like a Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship with no stability. If he cheats you're stuck.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
No. I'm only home during summer, but I'm not the only one making dinner. My DH will still come home and cook sometimes too. I too don't want to cook everyday, home or not. : p
mommy053008
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I don't understand why you are asking us do you feel like your a bad parent for not cooking?
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

No, it's not wrong. I love to cook but there are some days where I just don't want to cook, I just want to get take-out, and my husband is fine with that. 

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I see nothing wrong with having something quick and easy every now and then.  We do sandwiches some nights.  Also, in the summer a crockpot can be a lifesaver!

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Being a SAHM doesn't mean you need to live in the kitchen to constantly cook. Order delivery. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

dude.....shut up lol

Quoting Anonymous:

SAHMs are moochers and need to get off their asses and go out an get a job. Also, you shouldn't be a SAHM off of some sometimey relationship like a Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship with no stability. If he cheats you're stuck.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

everyone needs a break from certain tasks every now and then. I LOVE to cook and there are nights I dont want to make dinner. I make and freeze meals for nights like that. That way we dont have to rely on takeout or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN