Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fascination with Los Angeles/Hollywood

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is that common for someone who doesn't live in Southern Ca?

I noticed when people from out of state come to visit, they always want to go down to L.A.

It smells, its crowded, traffic is hell and there's nowhere to park

Some parts are nice, I like to go down the Observatory, fashion district every now and again, perhaps the whiskey a go go, but normally, its not all that great.

for those of you from so cal, favorite places?
i do love Venice :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'm just curious--what is 'tagging?' I've never heard of that before. I am from Southern California. I LOVE going to the beach and to Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc!

Quoting Anonymous:

Venice is nasty! There is tagging everywhere and the town is creepy. And all of the shops sell the exact same merchandise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

BUMP!

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just got back from LA a few days ago. We didn't have any issues finding parking at any point. We also went to Huntington Beach and got to watch a surf competition, that was a nice surprise since my DH is always watching them on TV he was excited to watch it all happen live in front of him. We had a blast!

Wydowness
by Kusabi on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I miss LA, I was raised there. I used to hang out at Little Tokyo or the pier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Right??? im convinced parking does not exist in that damn city

Quoting MissMissfit:

Ugh, I hate when I have friends/family visit from out of state. They always want to go to Hollywood. It smells like piss, and I don't like having to have mace ready at every turn. Not to mention the bullshit traffic and parking. 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Lol I haven't visited L.A. since I lived in California. That was 18 years ago. Hollywood is fun, once. I liked seeing the stars. I always go to Santa Monica pier though. Always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

one in a million you wouldnt have trouble parking in LA

i love huntington beach, did you go down to Laguna Beach? so pretty!

Quoting Jessy76:

I just got back from LA a few days ago. We didn't have any issues finding parking at any point. We also went to Huntington Beach and got to watch a surf competition, that was a nice surprise since my DH is always watching them on TV he was excited to watch it all happen live in front of him. We had a blast!

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I had a chance to go to LA when I was visiting my brother in San Diego but I loved it there so much I didn't want to go to LA. There really isn't anything interesting for me there that pops out.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
This. I've never had a desire to live there either.

Quoting KimmieLu:

I'm from the east coast, and I've never had any desire to visit those places. If anything, I think I'd avoid them for the reasons you listed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

if youre lucky lol, one time i went to the whiskey, and i parked where a sign basically said sure go ahead and park here, too bad i didnt see the sign behind it that said but only between this hour and every other day

got my car towed AND a parking ticket

Quoting MissMissfit:

Oh it exists....for $25 a pop. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Right??? im convinced parking does not exist in that damn city

Quoting MissMissfit:

Ugh, I hate when I have friends/family visit from out of state. They always want to go to Hollywood. It smells like piss, and I don't like having to have mace ready at every turn. Not to mention the bullshit traffic and parking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured