Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fascination with Los Angeles/Hollywood

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is that common for someone who doesn't live in Southern Ca?

I noticed when people from out of state come to visit, they always want to go down to L.A.

It smells, its crowded, traffic is hell and there's nowhere to park

Some parts are nice, I like to go down the Observatory, fashion district every now and again, perhaps the whiskey a go go, but normally, its not all that great.

for those of you from so cal, favorite places?
i do love Venice :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. I wabt to go to Russia to go see st peters church. I am in love with the way it looks.

Quoting Josie_P:

It's probably like that in many big cities that get a lot of tourists. I live in Russia and I can't, for the life of me, understand why people like to visit Moscow lol. I would like to visit Hollywood though. The journey there just doesn't look fun lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

i go just to walk up and down the boardwalk, pretty entertaining

Quoting Anonymous:

Venice is nasty! There is tagging everywhere and the town is creepy. And all of the shops sell the exact same merchandise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

graffiti

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just curious--what is 'tagging?' I've never heard of that before. I am from Southern California. I LOVE going to the beach and to Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc!

Quoting Anonymous:

Venice is nasty! There is tagging everywhere and the town is creepy. And all of the shops sell the exact same merchandise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM

lol, it will probably dissapoint

Quoting Jess821:

Im in texas and I'd LOVE to go to L.A.!
:)

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I grew up in So Cal. I have a few places I love to go, and I always take anyone who've never been to Hollywood just because its fun. I prefer to hang out at Venice Beach, the Observatory, and of course the various amusement parks. Sometimes though, I'm just hanging with family and friends and we just kick around the desert where I'm from.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

OH! OK!! Thank you for clearing that up for me! I was truly stumped!! LOL!! LOL!

Quoting Anonymous:

graffiti

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm just curious--what is 'tagging?' I've never heard of that before. I am from Southern California. I LOVE going to the beach and to Disneyland, Universal Studios, etc!

Quoting Anonymous:

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I lived in Santa Monica and enjoyed it. The only big downside was the homeless population. Many were mentally ill and could be scary.
Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

No not this trip but it is on our list for our next trip. We did go to Santa Monica Pier that was so much fun. Also we went to Legoland my 4yr had so much fun she has already asked when we are going back.

Quoting Anonymous:

one in a million you wouldnt have trouble parking in LA

i love huntington beach, did you go down to Laguna Beach? so pretty!

Quoting Jessy76:

I just got back from LA a few days ago. We didn't have any issues finding parking at any point. We also went to Huntington Beach and got to watch a surf competition, that was a nice surprise since my DH is always watching them on TV he was excited to watch it all happen live in front of him. We had a blast!

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM
It's because it's hyped up to be this magical, glitzy place. I admit it was very different than I expected. But even if it's not so glamorous there's a lot of history to it and it's interesting. And yeah, the usual tourist stuff is fun.
Jess821
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM
:(
I picture it so beautiful in my head lol

Celebrities everywhere and nice weather
Beautiful palm trees and ocean...

Am I wrong? Ha

Quoting Anonymous:

lol, it will probably dissapoint

Quoting Jess821:

Im in texas and I'd LOVE to go to L.A.!
:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)