Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHILD & DOG left in a CAR..... WWYD ??? **This was REAL** EDITED.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 106 Replies

IT's hot and humid.  You are running errands, and returning to your car from a grocery store.  You pass a car with a child around 8 years old and a small dog inside.  Windows are completely closed.  You think the car is running, so maybe they have the A/C on.  When you get to your car, it's thermometer reads 86 F (outside).  Inside it's like a freakin' oven - of course.    

So, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   ANYTHING?  

EDIT............For those of you wondering,

**This really happened yesterday.**   After I got in my car, I waited for a while.   Then, I drove back up to the car with the child and dog, and waited for a few more minutes.  Security then drove up and I flagged them over.  I let him know that the child and dog had been left in the car for a while and he said he'd inform the store, find the parents and take care of it.  In our state you cannot leave a child alone in a car in warm weather for ANY length of time, period.  Nor can you leave them alone under the age of 12.  (She was just a little girl.)  

It burdens me that people see something and say nothing. HOW do they feel no guilt, no responsibility IF something happens? Just the mere thought that something could then happen - if you do nothing, you LET it happen. I can't live like that. If God put YOU there at that place and time and showed you something, SAY something. Imagine if you didn't..... and you watched the news that night...

• Bupkie..... 

• ~~~ My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it.  If it fits great!  If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ~~~   thank you
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bupkie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Ferris?

kenziesmomma228
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the cops. No reason to leave a child in a car in that temperature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd walk in, inform the management of the store, and make sure they page the owner of the car.
If they didn't cooperate, nonemergency police call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Call the cops
sallymaggie
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

This! In my heart I would want to break the window and get them out but in this world the good deed would land me with vandalism charge.  

Quoting kenziesmomma228:

Call the cops. No reason to leave a child in a car in that temperature.

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Ask the kid if they are hot, if yes, break the window, if not, call the cops and let them handle it from there. 

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
If the car is running and the child is 8 I don't think there is much you can do.
glitterrain
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM

um 86 outside? what about inside? my car has one for inside and outside, the outside dont matter, if  i knew for a fact that it was running wiht no ac, i would wait around for a few mins (watching the car of course so if theres any distress i would see it) if no one comes out i would get help! i dont like causing trouble for people so i wouldnt be running in there right away calling the cops. I personally never leave my kids or pets alone in the car, i dont even take my pets out in the car in the summer idk why people do that!

enlightened_24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Call the cops? I always swore if I saw a baby in a locked car without it running I would bust out the windows...I am sure it would leave me in serious trouble but the parent would remember it forever :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Wait, is the car running?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured