Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you feel that strongly you may have an issue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 260 Replies
8 moms liked this
So I know that if you post in here saying you're having a dry wedding, its the same reaction as if you said you supported the Holocaust.
But we are. And if people need alcohol to tolerate us, then dont come, we don't need you.
And if you're freaking out about going a day without alcohol, maybe consider rehab or AA.

Dhs friends drink until they fall and we do not want that.
I do t understand why alcohol is a big deal, can someone enlighten me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Are you having a cash bar?

QuirkyMom26
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Because when people think wedding, they think 'open bar' when they hear open bar, they think PARTAYYY.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

because some people like the taste of alcohol, same as soda or any other drink and there is nothing wrong with having a few drinks... perfectly acceptable and legal

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I can't enlighten you. I had a dry wedding too, and to date, is still the most fun wedding I've ever been to.

elitish
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
26 moms liked this

Dry weddings are the worst. It's not about going "one day without booze", it's about suffering through a ridiculous wedding without it. A dry wedding is the first sign that the party is all about the bride and groom, they don't give a fuck about their guests, and the wedding is going to be just as intolerable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM
No, we are having a dry wedding

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you having a cash bar?

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
And nothin' wrong with how she feels or what she wants for her wedding.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

because some people like the taste of alcohol, same as soda or any other drink and there is nothing wrong with having a few drinks... perfectly acceptable and legal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmao, I agree.

Quoting elitish:

Dry weddings are the worst. It's not about going "one day without booze", it's about suffering through a ridiculous wedding without it. A dry wedding is the first sign that the party is all about the bride and groom, they don't give a fuck about their guests, and the wedding is going to be just as intolerable.

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I think it's your wedding so you should do whatever you feel is best. I would probably have a cash bar but I know some ladies on here think that's tacky but it does deter some people from over drinking.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I would personally never have a dry wedding because we find having a few drinks and dancing fun. I would be bored at a dry wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)