Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I’ve been noticing a trend among my married friends lately ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies

....alot of them have stopped wearing their engagement ring just a few months after their wedding!

They are fine with just wearing their wedding ring. I thought you were supposed to wear/fuse them together to symbolize the unity of the past and present and all that, with your band behind your ring(closest to your heart)? I wear both of mine all the time, too. It never occurred to me to take it off after a certain amount of time or anything. I never thought about it.Seems like a huge waste of money to not wear it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I wear mine but some people don't like them catching on fabric etc. it's a personal choice.
danijean
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I hardly ever remember to out mine in honestly. They are always getting hit on something.
your_angel
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I wear both...
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I stopped wearing my engagement ring when I had my first baby. It kept scratching him. I just got out of the habit of wearing it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had a band to go with my ring... People put too much emphasis towards inanimate objects...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Wow. If my dh spent MONTHS saving and planning the presentation of a ringthat not only is gorgeous but also attaches signifigant meaning- It'd be a complete slap in the face to take it off. I have a gal pal who would not wear her engagement ring ring when her and her husband were having a fight or something. Geez.

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Some styles have the diamond so high that people are afraid to loose it due to hitting it on things, etc.
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I actually can't find my custom band :(
I was 7mo pregnant when we bought our house, and in the move, we misplaced the small heirloom jewelry box that had my wedding band (a custom made ring guard), my dead aunt's ring, and my great-grandmother's diamond earrings.
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I wear both. But my engagement ring is nice and simple so it doesn't catch on things or anything. I love it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Mine were part of a set of two rings that combine into one. I lost the wedding half.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)