Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you've ever been cheated on....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
How do you ever fully trust again? (I was married 12 years, together 16...my stbxh left me for my neighbor and good friend). I do NOT want what has happened to me to make me bitter or ruin potential relationships. I do NOT want to live always wondering what people's motives are, but damn...I'm really struggling here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Bump
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband cheated on me in the past. We worked through it, are still together, have never been happier and trust each other completely. So you can absolutely trust again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I found out almost a year ago. I'm still working on trying to trust him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Every person is new... Never like your ex... Keep a clean slate every time and it will get easier... Your new person does not deserve the mistrust you have from your ex... If you're not ready to date or meet men then take your time and date yourself for a while and be happy...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I've found my issues are more with women.  I was with a serial cheater for 15 years and in the end, I can see what made him do what he did. 

What got to me about it was how many women were willing to justify it and tell themselves that I must have deserved it for whatever story he was feeding them at the time.  That women would take the word of a man who has already admitted that he is married and breaking his vows when most likely in their hearts of hearts they knew the score really put women into perspective for me.  They believed what allowed them to only think of their own fun, even when they knew it was wrong and to keep from feeling wrong they demonized me and joyfully participated in the break down of my marriage and family because it got them a few nights out with a guy who paid for their drinks and told them they were pretty.

marihla
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

You have to realize that if a man is going to cheat on you, he will do it whether you trust him or not. And you will be hurt whether you trust him or not. So not trusting him right now won't change any outcome, but it will change your happiness in the moment.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

How? I didn't let some punk ass ruin my view of everyone else in this world. Not everyone is my ex.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Hugs mama. I'm sorry they did that to you, you deserve better. Stay strong and positive! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

go to counseling. it will do a world of good. you need to move forward

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I didn't. I divorced my Ex-DH. I packed up the house and moved out, left his stuff in the apartment. I  filed for a divorce with a week after I found out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)