Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh is PISSED about SD's FB. She's 7!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
Dh logged into his FB yesterday and saw he had a friend request. It was from his almost 8yr old daughter. And the profile pic was her and her 6yr old sister in their 2piece bathing suits! 0.o

He scanned her friends list but so far there was only 6yr old sister, grandma, mom, aunt and uncle. The profile was less than an hour old. Her age was portrayed as 27! Had a few activities, movies, music and such listed. Of the 20 odd pics uploaded so far, all but a couple were in normal clothes. The rest were in bathing suits.

And the profile is public, not one ounce of privacy settings.

Dh called bm at once. He asked why she had a FB. She said bc sd wanted one.
He asked why she allowed it. Because she didn't see why not.
He asked why it was public. Bc there is no need to NOT have it private, there's no one that's going to harass her or anything.
He told her that he didn't want her to have one. Mom said "tough shit, I'm her mom and what I say goes. You have no say in this".
He asked for the password to monitor it. She said "nope, I don't have it anyway, SD picked it and I'm going to respect her privacy."
He asked that she at least make it a private profile and change the profile pic to something less revealing. Her reply "why? It's an adorable pic of the girls. I love it."
At this point dh is PISSED. seeing what was about to erupt I took the phone and tried to reason with her with about at least the profile pic and privacy, no go. Normally she will work through me on something like this. But not last night apparently.

Can dh report this profile? Since she's a minor and not allowed technically to have a FB?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Yes i would way to young.
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

no matter the privacy setting there is always away around it. a pedophiles dream.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd report and fight it.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Yes he can report it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I would report it. However, I could see that making BM mad & letting SD create an account & just not tell dad.
I would still report it
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

sounds like my SD's BM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Touché. But at least it makes it a little harder.....

Quoting IamMex11:

no matter the privacy setting there is always away around it. a pedophiles dream.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Is your SD 6? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like my SD's BM.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Report it.
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I'd make them delete the account. That's way to young to have a fb account. Definitely have him report it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)