Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanted a girl so bad!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I have a son already, I wanted a girl my whole life. Due to high risk pregnancies and wanting to homeschool we decided we aren't having any more.
I prayed and prayed that this was a girl, I wanted a little girl to dress up, do her hair, etc.
I found out this is a boy...

I am actually excited! I realized that I won't have to deal with a prissy little girl, periods, matted up hair, etc. I'll be able to take my boss camping without hearing how gross the bugs are! Call me crazy but I'm ecstatic!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
8 moms liked this

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM
That's how my nieces are, they hate getting dirty and they have horrible attitudes. My nephews are more laid back and easy going.

Quoting PEEK05:

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I'm glad you're ok with it. :)
You hear of some moms getting depressions or actually resenting the kid.
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting PEEK05:

GMAFB. Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. Your comments are neither valid nor useful in any way.

OP that's an awesome realization. I had similar feelings when I first wanted a boy, prayed for a boy, planned for a boy and ended up with a girl. Glad we're both happy with what we've got!

ETA in case this blows up, I'm kind of a hormonal wreck today, and I basically comforted myself the same way op did soooooooo methinks I got a little defensive :S

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

ardan85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Maybe you will get some Granddaughters ! That will be extra special! Congrats on your new little one!!!
PEEK05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quoting laineysmum:

Quoting PEEK05:

GMAFB. Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. Your comments are neither valid nor useful in any way.

OP that's an awesome realization. I had similar feelings when I first wanted a boy, prayed for a boy, planned for a boy and ended up with a girl. Glad we're both happy with what we've got!

LOL someone got offended.  OP handled my response much better, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I have a daughter who loves bugs and getting dirty and one of my boys hates that stuff. Lol

kaycersmom
by Katie on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Having boys is awesome!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

It's fun having brothers!

PEEK05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I think it varies by child.  In your experience, my children are like that too.  Well, my 4 year old doesn't have a horrible attitude, but she is a little wild at times.  She just has so much energy and wants to know everything about everything.  My son is so laid back and easy-going.

However, the opposite is true for my nieces/nephews.  My nephews are freaking crazy and are allowed to throw all sorts of temper tantrums, even at 3 and 5 years old! Everything is done THEIR way, with WHATEVER they want! They are VERY hard to be around. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how my nieces are, they hate getting dirty and they have horrible attitudes. My nephews are more laid back and easy going.

Quoting PEEK05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN