Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanted a girl so bad!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I have a son already, I wanted a girl my whole life. Due to high risk pregnancies and wanting to homeschool we decided we aren't having any more.
I prayed and prayed that this was a girl, I wanted a little girl to dress up, do her hair, etc.
I found out this is a boy...

I am actually excited! I realized that I won't have to deal with a prissy little girl, periods, matted up hair, etc. I'll be able to take my boss camping without hearing how gross the bugs are! Call me crazy but I'm ecstatic!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
laineysmum
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quoting PEEK05:

I'm all about avoiding the perpetuation of gender stereotypes but your comment rubbed me the wrong way. Like she should be sad that she's having another boy because you never know, he might have long hair and get a period too?

Everyone's welcome on the Island..
Bring your sharpest wit and best googling skills to the Debate Forum 
Join the fitness challenge in Workin on My Fitness!

PEEK05
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting laineysmum:

Quoting PEEK05:

I'm all about avoiding the perpetuation of gender stereotypes but your comment rubbed me the wrong way. Like she should be sad that she's having another boy because you never know, he might have long hair and get a period too?

lmao funny image in my head now.  No, I think it's great that she is happy but from her post, it just sounded like she was trying too hard to be happy that it's not a girl by listing all of these gender stereotypes about how girls don't like bugs and all that kind of stuff.  Again, I think it's great she is happy.  I have known several people to become extremely depressed because of the gender of their baby which led to poor bonding in the first several months. :(

Anastacia1988
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I love my girl lol I want all girls .... She's super girly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I love both my kids but having a girl is more fun to me than a boy. I like doing my daughters hair and picking out clothes with her and I'd rather play with girl toys then boy stuff. I think girls are fun
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I'm glad you're excited.  But, you have a really screwy view of girls.  Most are not prissy, nor do they have matted hair (any more than boys do) and many are not afraid of bugs.  When they were little, my dd was the easy one to take camping, and ds whined and cried over everything.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Well congrats :) maybe you'll get some cute little granddaughters down the line. You can spoil the shit outa them with dresses and girly crap, but don't have to tend to the hair lol
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I'm happy you're happy :) happy partents make happy kids
Jade_Lufercus
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Aw, I know how you feel. I was pretty good when I found out our second would be a boy, even though I wanted a girl. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

not even born yet and already stereotyped :(

glad you're happy anyway

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM
I was kind of depressed when I found out about my second boy. Now that he's here I'm so in love. I don't want more than two children so I can't even imagine myself with a daughter anymore .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN