Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanted a girl so bad!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I have a son already, I wanted a girl my whole life. Due to high risk pregnancies and wanting to homeschool we decided we aren't having any more.
I prayed and prayed that this was a girl, I wanted a little girl to dress up, do her hair, etc.
I found out this is a boy...

I am actually excited! I realized that I won't have to deal with a prissy little girl, periods, matted up hair, etc. I'll be able to take my boss camping without hearing how gross the bugs are! Call me crazy but I'm ecstatic!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
noahscott
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I have 2 boys.. it's not so bad.. lol. I love it actually..

meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I wanted a girl really bad too! I got a boy and i can't imagine having a little girl!! I love my son so much :)
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I have 4 boys and thrilled I never had a girl and that is all I wanted my first to be until I got my boy. 

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

What are you talking about?  Her comments are absolutely valid!  There is no "shitty attitude" being displayed here, except...by you.  If someone comes on here and lists all the reasons girls suck, she better dang well expect some negative replies in return.

Quoting laineysmum:

Quoting PEEK05:

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

GMAFB. Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. Your comments are neither valid nor useful in any way.

OP that's an awesome realization. I had similar feelings when I first wanted a boy, prayed for a boy, planned for a boy and ended up with a girl. Glad we're both happy with what we've got!

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I wanted a girl too, but now i am quite attached to my little man growing in there :)
luckymomma08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I'm glad you are happy, I have two little girls and we go camping all the time they like trucks and catching bullfrogs and catching dragonflies and the day would not be complete without playing in the mud, little girls are not prissy unless they are raised to be. I really wanted a boy but I am pregnant with my third girl but hey I get the best of both worlds dress up and mud pies lol
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
As long as you're happy...

I've got two girls. They love getting dirty, bugs, playing with cars, etc etc! I'm happy if I never get a boy, or get a million girls...its all what you make it to be :)
enlightened_24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Congrats! I was so opposite. I wanted a girl but knew there was no way in hell (DHs family has a million guys to the one or two girls). I got over my desire to have a mini me and prepared for two boys. Bunk beds, pirate rooms, etc. Turns out, I was lucky and got a minime instead! It was weird to convince myself out of something and then reconvince

Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you are happy. I have one of each and I love it. My daughter is girly but she is also not afraid of dirt or bugs. She picks up lizards and crickets and my son can't stand to do that! All children are different and not all fall into gender stereotypes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

It's probably for the best because little girls aren't just for dressing up and playing with their hair.  Girls are just as valuable as boys and can do the same things boys can.  And I truly do not get the whole having to have one gender over the other.  It shouldn't matter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)